Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Former Croton CF Mack - Maywood NJ For Sale

42 posts in this topic

It has five bids (two of which are the same bidder), but they still haven't cleared the reserve yet. God, I HOPE I know at least one of those bidders.....and that NONE of them are even remotely affiliated with a scrap yard!

Amen to that!

I literally grew up on that engine. The rig was built in 84, and my dad joined the company in 85 or 86, and I've been around it ever since. I even got to spend 2 years as Engineer and Asst Engineer. I was sad to see it go, and if it winds up getting scrapped, someone better put me on suicide watch.

I was sad to see it go, and if it winds up getting scrapped, someone better put me on suicide watch.

"No balls." LOL.

I hear you man. The 62 Mack was still E119 when I was little, and I remember going to the Mack plant in NYC to see the 84 being worked on, and I recall my Dad bringing it to the house (the one across from you X648) and letting me go for a ride in it with him and Johnny Basso, If I remember correctly. I always thought that thing had such personality to it. I am glad to have been a driver on it for close to 10 years, and being the last Engineer it had. I still think the best thing I will remember about that rig is hearing the Q echoing up Brook Street and into the upper village. Ahhh, memories.

Edited by Remember585

Ahh yes... the good old days, when I taught your sister the alphabet on my swingset, lol. I miss the 62 as well... One of my favorite childhood pictures is the "motley crew" shot at the Croton Point muster.. I'm sure you know the one i'm reffering to, I'll try and scan it an post it up here

okay all the boys & girls at station 2, we all miss the 84 and some of us miss the 62, the one I grew up on had the honor of driving it form 1973 till she left us then I got to drive the 84 from day 1 to the last day. And I am sure some of the guys that are older then me miss the previous, but we all must move on. By the way I am sure some of you guys are still mad at me for being the one who got the village board to replace it, and it would be great if we as a company could get it back but if we did where would you guys wash your cars, the bay would be full. Oh yeah after I hit the mega tonight I will buy back the 62 and the 84 and if you guys are nice to me I might let you come & see them.

I'll split that Mega with ya, and provide the storage for the '84.....then ya can still have a "car wash" bay! :D

I am not greedy I will share it woth you, no problem at all. I will even share with 50 other people.

OK after I wipe away the tears from my eyes, do you guys know were the 62 is? :(

PCFD the last I knew of it, some small dept in Indiana bought it form a middle man to put in service as their front line engine. The middleman paid $1501.00 for it, I know this cause I sdelivered his check to the village office. Had I known it would have gone for so little I would have bought it and drove it every day.

Hey, I've always got other places to wash the car... and when CEMS gets their new building, we can go there.... oh, wait.. nevermind!

Hey guys,

The engine is being sold on Ebay for $7000 after almost two years of service to the Borough. It was used as a first line engine for one year and as a reserve from February 2008 until now. I can't get into why it's being sold, but let's just say politics played a major role. There is NOTHING wrong with the engine and I wish we could keep her around.

Any specific questions, PM me

Chris

OK $7,500.00 bucks, who got it!

I saw the reply from you and was HOPING that it would be an update from a "little birdie" about the new owner and/or location of said rig. Oh well.......