Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Former Croton CF Mack - Maywood NJ For Sale

42 posts in this topic

that stinks what a fast turn around for buying a truck and getting rid of it within what 2 yrs its a great engine

Apparently they really needed only for that long. I was reading their history some where and it was talking about how they were down a front line pumper for a very long time and had to borrow some ones else's reserve while they figured out what they were doing and bought a replacement.

So with about 8560 members, who wants to pony up $1.00 to bid on what could be the EMTBravo Muster Team Truck

So with about 8560 members, who wants to pony up $1.00 to bid on what could be the EMTBravo Muster Team Truck

Ya know, that aint a bad idea. Good thinkin'

well i think that is a good idea for everyone to chip in 1.00 per person.im in,who is collected the money?

Yes, Rob is correct that is our old baby the former engine 119. Maywood bought it to use as a first due engine while their new engine was being built. Now that they have received it they are selling the Mack, it looks like they are selling it for almost what they paid for it 2 years ago. It is a great running & pumping rig and of course it is still a great looking rig. The reason we replaced it lie with rust problems underneath it. Whoever gets it will get one heck of a sweet rig.

Photo TR54

post-23-1228485264.jpg

Sign me up!!! I am in

Wish it was that easy! I own 4 engines now and that has started to become difficult just to have them let alone pay for fuel, Insurance and other mantaince issues. The last few years I have been only able to show one at a time while the rest sit. :blink:

You can kept it in the lobby of EMT BRAVO WORLD HEADQURTERS for all to see when they come for board meetings and training classes! :P

Im in if we can collect $2 and put a bit in on that Yonkers ladder. We will have our own fire house!

This sucks. Next thing you know, Golden's Bridge 138 will be up for grabs, too. And.....I haven't won the lottery yet. :(

I wish Croton could get her back, I think everyone misses her!! Come on buff's let's put our pennies together and get her back home!!!

I'll toss in $5.00 :huh: , hey remember we may need some help from you guys down the road to with our own bring her home project. :o

Edited by markmets415

FDVA356 you know I miss that rig. That thing was easy to pump and always got a prime on the first shot. Plus it was easy as all hell to drive. Atleast I got to pump its last fire in Croton.

I'm in for $10.....

I have a place to put it as well if need be......

I'm in for $10.....

I have a place to put it as well if need be......

You have room for two rigs????

i wish my department would get rid of our spare seagrave and buy that beauty

I hope it goes to a FD or collector that won't let it rot. My main concern is that it gets butchered for parts...

you may want to contact bruce zarzesky from Yorktown FD very big collector has all of his trucks in a warehouse

I e-mailed both Bruce and his buddy, as I'm sure the original poster has as well. Will see both later today. HOPEFULLY something good can be worked out!

It would be a crime against humanity if this beautiful rig gets scrapped! WAAAAY too much of that crap going on lately.

It has five bids (two of which are the same bidder), but they still haven't cleared the reserve yet. God, I HOPE I know at least one of those bidders.....and that NONE of them are even remotely affiliated with a scrap yard!