Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest MRK303

(EMT-B) Refresher Course

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can get a refresher for EMT-B? Also, does anyone know that the refresher consists of? How long? Thanks

While on the same topic. Has anyone heard anything yet about summertime EMT-B classes besides WCC?

I can't speak from experience, but my understanding of a refresher is as follows: You take a pretest and then attend classes on the topics which you failed in addition to a group of required classes which everyone attends. Then at the end of the course you take the state exam. The time will depend on how well you do on the pretest.

While on the same topic. Has anyone heard anything yet about summertime EMT-B classes besides WCC?

There may be a summer class in the New Rochelle fire Department.

MRK

Phelps is doing a recert beginning 1/12. I will try to find the info and post it for you. I'll probably be in it.

Here's the info on that class

Program Dates: January 12th- May 21st, 2009

Days & Times: Monday, January 12th from 7pm-10pm

Registration, course introduction, policies, EMT Update and Challenge Written Exam

Saturday, January 17th from 9am-5pm Challenge Practical Exam

*Class Schedule will be handed out at registration. Attendance requirements are based on challenge exam results.

Thursday, May 21st from 7pm-10pm NYS exam

Tuition: $ 425.00 * Tuition funded for volunteers or employees of a registered or certified EMS agency upon

attaining EMT-B certification.

Instructor: Neal Mettler, EMT P/CIC

755 North Broadway, Suite 200

Sleepy Hollow, New York 10591

* Pre-registration is required.

For more information or to register, please call or email Christina (914) 366-3577 or Cwisniewski@pmhc.us

MRK

Phelps is doing a recert beginning 1/12. I will try to find the info and post it for you. I'll probably be in it.

See ya there !!!