Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Streamlight Vulcan Light?

18 posts in this topic

Let's hear the good, the bad, the ugly, and the cheapest place to buy.

Santa might be bringing me one.

Both my Survivor and my Vulcan Streamlights have broken. They fixed it for free but it was still a pain mailing it to them. I still think the Vulcan is way better than the Lite Box though

Let's hear the good, the bad, the ugly, and the cheapest place to buy.

Santa might be bringing me one.

Dan,

What kind of question is that??, you should be looking at the Fire Vulcan you will like it better than the standard Vulcan. PM me and i'll hook you up.

Dan,

What kind of question is that??, you should be looking at the Fire Vulcan you will like it better than the standard Vulcan. PM me and i'll hook you up.

PM sent Chief... ;)

Dan,

Do you have a site that you suggest for this light?

Dan,

Bob can you bring one to the firehouse monday night when you come?

As long as we have one left in stock i'll bring it with me.

I got mine on ebay, with the car mount charger for 100 shipped. Keep your eyes peeled and you'll find things. :)

As long as we have one left in stock i'll bring it with me.

Thanks Chief

Just a follow up on this - the fine folks at MES in Highland had the best pricing on the dual charger model Fire Vulcan and excellent customer service.

Highly reccomend looking into getting your's there! ;)

The streamlights are all a P.O.S.

Survivor light lasted 1.5 years and took a crap, So I bought the Fire Vulcan and that battery

died 1 year and 2 months to the day... I just replaced the battery, (Not Cheap)

A few fellow brothers have had problems with both the battery and the light bulbs falling out inside the housing...

For the money these things cost you would expect a better quality light...

You would be better off buying a small LED flashlight from the parts store for 3-4 bucks and they come with batteries

Edited by 10-8

For starters the HALOGEN Fire Vulcan is an okay light. Even guys who think they are buffy are impressed by the rear LEDs. The batteries do stink however these are domestically available batteries so you don't have to go to a fire service provider. Either way though they are heavy. Reinterating what 10-8 said, the biggest problem I've had is the bulb falling out and sliding around in the light. This is on the older models, they have supposedly put on rubber bumpers and wire bulb holders to combat this.

I actually had the bulb pop out at a job and I was super pissed about this for a long time. To this day I only use my Fire Vulcan if I have the roof and need the extra strength to see roof lines before deciding which way to go.

The LED Fire Vulcan is a GREAT. There is no bulb issue and it is so much lighter. Spend the extra few bucks and save it through cost of ownership over the first few years.

I have never had a problem with any of my survivor lights nor have i had a problem with my vulcan. I also recommend MES in highland.

I have had the Bulb pop out of the socket on my Fire Vulcan a few times. "Adjusted" the contact pins on the bulb and it seems to be holding better. Other than that I think it is the best light I have used (Litebox - Heavy & Survivor - Battery took a dump). A Good Light Overall.........

Do the lights not have the seatbelt buckle on the strap anymore. ?