Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DonMoose

Homemade Hydrogen Generator

7 posts in this topic

Attached are pictures of a “Hydrogen Generator” that was recently found in a vehicle.

http://firefighterclosecalls.com/fullstory.php?72466

Also, there's a PPT presentation here with some better pictures of the device.

http://firefighterclosecalls.com/fullstory.php?71941

Has anyone seen these before?

I'm not sure how much hydrogen gas these things could produce, but being that hydrogen gas is flammable, should we be concerned with the gas accumulating and finding an ignition source (more than 4% accumulation according to the research I just did) Any special precautions that should be taken when dealing with this kind of thing?

Edited by DonMoose

I received an email from our Chief last week regarding this, I did not save it but I will see if he still has it.

I received an email from our Chief last week regarding this, I did not save it but I will see if he still has it.

Thanks - much appreciated.

I got sent a pdf email of this D.C. Firewatch presentation. I'd upload it, but it's too big!

Actually, I just realised - this pdf includes some of the powerpoint that Don links to, but it also includes details of another situation.

Edited by Monty

Hydrogen is lighter than air and burns at such a low temperature how much of a risk does it pose? It seems gasoline is more dangerous with its high density and high burn temperature.

I got sent a pdf email of this D.C. Firewatch presentation. I'd upload it, but it's too big!

Actually, I just realised - this pdf includes some of the powerpoint that Don links to, but it also includes details of another situation.

Thank you. There is some additional information (precautions actually) in that power point that I found useful.

Don, the one Monty sent is the one I received also