Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PVFD233

Alamo EMS/NDP Merger

62 posts in this topic

It is with GREAT JOY and EXCITEMENT that I announce the official end of attempts to Merge the two companys. Happy Holidays.

To Ed and Rob, Good Luck With that Bar!

Don't believe this is dead until they ask us to turn in our NDP shirts. :lol:

Don't believe this is dead until they ask us to turn in our NDP shirts. :lol:

never got one, never wanted one.

The official memo came out a few minutes ago from HealthQuest to Alamo Management who has emailed and text messaged all Alamo employees of this development. The merger is off bewteen Alamo/NDP. We will remain 2 seperate companies.

No real info as of yet. Just a bland announcement that the 2 sides could not come to an agreement. If it weren't an official anoucment, I would think that they will kiss & make up in a month or so. But, since it is an offical anouncement, either someone is playing hardball with the negotiations, or this is truely dead. Only time will tell. :huh:

I am extremely happy for all of the Alamo employees. What a wonderful holiday gift. My wish is that Alamo can find its way back to the company that I truly enjoyed working for in the mid 90's.

Alamo EMS died with the Cottage Street station.........

put the pads on I think she's in PEA.

Alamo EMS died with the Cottage Street station.........

366 to Eagle 1, come in Eagle 1. Those were the days!!!

Congrats to all the Alamo employees! Hope you all have a wonderful and safe Holiday Season!! I'm sure this couldn't have been a better gift to get... just keep your heads high and do the best job that you can regardless of what other people have to say! B)

**MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR; BE SAFE AS IT"S THE WINTER SEASON AND OF THE CRAZY DRIVERS OUT THERE**

366 to Eagle 1, come in Eagle 1. Those were the days!!!

My favorite was "92 to Portable 10................." :P

Had some great times up there and made some great friends but definitely glad i've since moved on. I do miss working the city though...

Had some great times up there and made some great friends but definitely glad i've since moved on. I do miss working the city though...

A little CC BLS Bus?

Congratulations to my friends at Alamo. Everyone I talked to pretty much was saying the Alamo employees were getting a raw deal anyway. Should make for an interesting few months of EMS politics in Dutchess County. :huh:

Happy Holidays to all.

A little CC BLS Bus?

Amen, we lived life on the edge.

Congratulations to my friends at Alamo. Everyone I talked to pretty much was saying the Alamo employees were getting a raw deal anyway. Should make for an interesting few months of EMS politics in Dutchess County. :huh:

Happy Holidays to all.

Its not interesting enough????

Pawling is from what i am told going back with NDP. The town has recieved a new CON.

What took so long for the CON?

So a friend of mine heard from a guy he works with that someone at the hospital said that teh Alamo?NDP merger failed becuase HVP is looking to take over both companies.

stirrin the pot, :rolleyes:

What took so long for the CON?

I would bet it was more of an oversight than anything else. When Sloper, Alamo, and Empire covered Pawling, they all had a CON for the area, so it was not necessary for the municipality to get a CON. NDP's application for a CON for Southern Dutchess was rejected several years ago, so they need the municipalities to apply for a municipal CON (and coincidentally they should be using a different agency code on their PCR's when operating there). Getting a municipal CON is easier than buying a cup of coffee at Starbucks, they just need someone to fill out the proper paperwork.

I would bet it was more of an oversight than anything else. When Sloper, Alamo, and Empire covered Pawling, they all had a CON for the area, so it was not necessary for the municipality to get a CON. NDP's application for a CON for Southern Dutchess was rejected several years ago, so they need the municipalities to apply for a municipal CON (and coincidentally they should be using a different agency code on their PCR's when operating there). Getting a municipal CON is easier than buying a cup of coffee at Starbucks, they just need someone to fill out the proper paperwork.

Could Pawling use the CON from when the FD ran the ambulance I know that it has not been active for about ten years or so but the FD did run the ambulance/rescue squad at one time?

So a friend of mine heard from a guy he works with that someone at the hospital said that teh Alamo?NDP merger failed becuase HVP is looking to take over both companies.

stirrin the pot, :rolleyes:

I doubt Hudson Valley would get it, when they don't have their s*** together yet. Granted the Owner of the company has deep pockets, but i don't think HealthQuest want's to jump into anything else at the moment. But, then again if they did get it, that could be there key into Dutchess. There was an interesting discussion on Channel 8 (town hall meetings) tonight about the whole Alamo/NDP thing. Councilman French said something along the lines of he "spoke with another provider (outside NDP & Alamo) that may be interested in Beekman" When he said that, only three possible services came to my mind (correct me if I'm wrong) MLSS, Transcare, HVP. Each one of those doesnt have anything close to Beekman though, its out on Rt.9, i don't have a clue where HVP is, they may be closer.

Edited by 34112

Empire (now HVP) used to have Pawling but they gave it up. EMS in Dutchess is more confused than a 98 year old dementia patient with a side of Alzheimer's.

I doubt Hudson Valley would get it, when they don't have their s*** together yet. Granted the Owner of the company has deep pockets, but i don't think HealthQuest want's to jump into anything else at the moment. But, then again if they did get it, that could be there key into Dutchess. There was an interesting discussion on Channel 8 (town hall meetings) tonight about the whole Alamo/NDP thing. Councilman French said something along the lines of he "spoke with another provider (outside NDP & Alamo) that may be interested in Beekman" When he said that, only three possible services came to my mind (correct me if I'm wrong) MLSS, Transcare, HVP. Each one of those doesnt have anything close to Beekman though, its out on Rt.9, i don't have a clue where HVP is, they may be closer.

HVP is located at 9 route 9 just in from Putnam.

Don't forget Transcare has Putnam county, not that far from Beekman-Pawling area

As a member of an emergency services organization in dutchess county i'm so happy that the merger is not going through. Congrats to everyone at Alamo!

While its kind of nice to see a town board member involved in the EMS issues of Beekman, I hope he is not just talking with providers on his own without seeking input from either town members who know how EMS systems operate (or how they should anyway), what the reputation and abilities of these organizations are and what might truly be needed. I'd like to know how he would respond to the price tag for that when the tax increase was looking pretty high when the budget process started. Also it would be nice to get those who are working Beekman out of the highway garage.