Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest alsfirefighter

A Clarification/Designation

10 posts in this topic

As we know part of the policies of the site is that there is no use of profanity and one which I utterly respect.

Apparantly for some of you...you have entirely too profanic mindsets and it has come to my attention that the use of "WTF" apparantly to some of you is profanity or alludes to profanity. I didn't particularly know that, nor did I know that it is also policy that you can not only use the actual profanity but also allude to any profanity. Which I wasn't being it wasn't my intention to use profanity.

With that said I am hereby making a clear declaration to all my colleagues and the moderators.

WTF in my posts for now on and forever shall stand for "W hat T he F reak"

That way I will not be in violation of any policy or whatever some of you profanic minded individuals deem what WTF means or meant.

Now...take a deep breath...exhale slowly...and laugh a bit. This is more funny and intended for a giggle along with the fact I really am for now letting you know that for me WTF means what the freak! FREAKS!

Edited by alsfirefighter

As we know part of the policies of the site is that there is no use of profanity and one which I utterly respect.

Apparantly for some of you...you have entirely too profanic mindsets and it has come to my attention that the use of "WTF" apparantly to some of you is profanity or alludes to profanity. I didn't particularly know that, nor did I know that it is also policy that you can not only use the actual profanity but also allude to any profanity. Which I don't get and if that is so I find it ridiculous as a long standing member of this community and with nearly 3000 posts.

With that said I am hereby making a clear declaration to all my colleagues and the moderators.

WTF in my posts for now on and forever shall stand for "W hat T he F reak"

That way I will not be in violation of any policy or whatever some of you profanic minded individuals deem what WTF means or meant.

Now...take a deep breath...exhale slowly...and laugh a bit. This is more funny and intended for a giggle along with the fact I really am for now letting you know that for me WTF means what the freak!

Tom, I think you should take the deep breath... Try spelling it out as what the freak and you'll have no problems.

:lol:

Why do you always have to be so darn sensical on me. :P

Haven't you had enough of guiding me the past 10 years or so. lol

Fair enough...but its still a funny post.

what if you just said " what the" will we all still get the meaning??

Happy Holidays to all at EMT Bravo keep smiling keep up the good work

ALS,

As you know, we love you on this forum and value your membership greatly....you have contributed a great deal since day one of this site. However, we have an obligation to treat each member fairly and equally, and follow the policies of this forum. The staff is currently evaluating and discussing this policy and we will advise the membership of our stance on this issue shortly.

-Seth G.

WTF (Weekly Top Five) :P can mean anything, but in todays world, everybody thinks it means what the "you know what."

Its also the context it is used in that defines the meaning.

Is darn allowed or is that profanic :lol:

I've always been a fan of Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, K??? Or, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over, as preferred by the military types..

;)

It depends on how people take it. WTF (Weekly Top Five) :P can mean anything, but in todays world, everybody thinks it means what the "you know what."

Thank you Ryan Seacrest!

And Seth, I'd be careful, Tommy once ripped me in half...thank God McGurty was working!