Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Just a guy

Where do you get your tattoos ?

18 posts in this topic

I get all my tattoos done by Cariangel at Big joe's on Central Avenue in Yonkers. She does awesome work and she also does permanent cosmetics for women and also laser and natural tattoo removal and laser hair removal... She is truly the best, if anyone needs her number for an appointment PM me and I'll get it to you !!!!

Got my quarter sleeve done by Dave Wallin at Tattoo Culture in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. He is a truly talented artist- did a totally custom one-of-a-kind design for me and I completely love it. I am definitely returning to him for the next piece(s).

Planet New York in Poughkeepsie.......TOP NOTCH!

I plan on going in soon for a ST. FLorian peice on my arm...maybe a half sleeve.

Tattoo Me in Dobbs Ferry for the first one. I then went back to add to it and went to Tre and he matched the first half perfectly to Smitty's work. I am planning to visit them shortly for my third and would recommend them to anyone.

Tattoo Shop in Pville for the second.

I am much more satisfied with my first one in Dobbs.

Edited by DaRock98

First one I got done done in pleasentville Tattoo shop and the second one I got done in Tattoos Forever in Poughkeepsie Both places TOP NOTCH work and reasonable pricing Want to go back for a Third oneReally soon

Tattooz Rte. 9 Fishkill i believe, best tattoo I have was from there

I recently got one done at the new Big Joes in Mohegan. Excellent work, a little pricey. Granted, you get what you pay for, but my sister, who has 10 pieces now, uses Freddie at Ink Injections in Mohegan. He doesn't charge quite as much, and the quality of work is unmatched. I've also had 2 done at Extoria in Lake George, as well as one at Adrenaline in Seaside Heights. Both were good artists, and the tattoos came out excellent. My first one, I don't think the place is still around, unless it moved somewhere else, was done at Thunder Express, on Rt 55 in Arlington.

http://www.eastsideinktattoo.com/

Alphabet City, on Avenue B. Ask for Patrick. Accept no substitutes.

Someone already mentioned Big Joe's on Central Avenue in Yonkers, but I have to second it. I have 2 done by the same guy named Mike (short, always wears a ball cap, only works Wed, Thurs and Fridays)--- plus I've had them re-done/re-colored/embellished there over the years also. Outstanding work. Very clean and with excellent aseptic technique BTW (I'm an RN- gotta note these things). Even brought my bro-in-law there for a sleeve shoulder to elbow- it came out perfectly.

My first 3 were done at Big Joe's, 1 done at Mckenzies in Carmel, don't know if its still there, 4 done at The tattoo shop in P'ville, awesome work and good prices and 1 done in Indiana...

I've gotten inked all over the place, meaning locations. Mac Kenzies in Carmel, Slingin Ink in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. Dave's in Philly. Itching for a couple more, so this gives me some ideas.

I have work from Big Joe's in WP and Central ave, also Derma Flicks in Norwalk Ct.

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: I'm looking for a real good portrait tattooist around to do a tattoo......

Any suggestions??

Edited by towerladder2

I have work from Big Joe's in WP and Central ave, also Derma Flicks in Norwalk Ct.

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: I'm looking for a real good portrait tattooist around to do a tattoo......

Any suggestions??

Mike at big joe's in yonkers does great portraits

Iron Butterfly in Mahopac.. Only recommend Chuk though. Big Joe's yonkers, but depends on who is working.

My first I got at the Edge Tattoo Shop in New Haven when it was still open. My second was from Lucky Soul on East Main Street in Ansonia, CT and I highly recommend them. Other shops up this way I recomemend to friends are Excalubur Tattoo in Shelton (tat2duk.com), Elm City Ink, East Haven and Danny Williams down in Bridgeport (I can't remember his shop's name though I know its on Fairfield Avenue).

I got my first two done at Aces High in New Windsor, which has since closed due to the owner moving...my third was done at Millenium Tattoo in the Town of Newburgh, where most of the staff from Aces High went to when they closed. I am extremely satisfied with all three of mine. The prices are incredibly reasonable and the quality is superb.

x134 has an amazing peice done by Planet New York in Poughkeepsie, honoring the September 11 attacks and the FDNY Brothers lost.