Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ajsbear

Garrison (Putnam) Homicide/Shooting - 12/31/08

18 posts in this topic

Many on the west side of Putnam County and Northwestern Westchester knew Johnny. YOu'd be at an MVA any hour and he'd show up for the tow no matter how cold in shorts. He'd always be willing to help people, He was a Life Member of Garrison. Here is the news article from the Journal News. The road by the way was closed till just after 11 PM. Funeral arrangements are still pending.

________________________________________________________________________________

_

_______

GARRISON - A Garrison man who died yesterday after being found with injuries on the side of Route 9 was shot several times, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said today, and police are looking for his killer.

John Marcinak, the owner of the Garrison Garage, was found on the roadside in front of the garage about 12:20 p.m. yesterday, Sheriff's Chief Inspector A. Gerald Schramek said. He was initially thought to be the victim of a hit-and-run driver.

Read more about this later on Lohud.com and in The Journal News.

I've know John for a very long time both from the towing business and from the fire department and I have to say he was one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. This is both a tragic and senseless and my sympathy goes out to both the family and the members of Garrison Fire Department. May you rest in peace friend

That's terrible. May he rest in peace. We should all dig out shorts in his honor.

Rip!! If it was a homicide I hope they find his Killer

Any further details?

I'm not to familiar with Garrison, how is that area for crime?

Thoughts and Prayers to his family, the Garrison FD and for a quick closure to a tragic incident.

Edited by markmets415

I'm not to familiar with Garrison, how is that area for crime?

This is highly unusual for that area. Garrison is a hamlet in the town of Philipstown and is sparsely populated and mostly rural.

thanks Chris

Rest in Peace, John, and may God grant your family, friends and brothers and sisters in Garrison FD, the strength to make it through this difficult time. Such a senseless tragedy.And may those responsible be caught and swift justice prevail.

I heard there was a road block in the area asking for any one who drove in that area yesterday for information anyone have anything further? Also heard he was shot twice not a rumor just asking if its true??

RIP Brother I hope they catch the person who did this and do the same to them.

I heard there was a road block in the area asking for any one who drove in that area yesterday for information anyone have anything further? Also heard he was shot twice not a rumor just asking if its true??

Establishing road checks and giving out flyers or asking if anyone saw something at the location is a common tactic in cases such as this or significant motor vehicle collisions...

Very sad and a true tragedy. Words can't even express how I feel for the family.

I know members of his family personally and ask that you please be thoughtful in your comments as I know one of them is a registered user of this site. While curiosity is a normal reaction I guess, please be cautious on what you post being it can seem very impersonal and morbid to those within the family and friends. If your that interested in the investigation the most answers your going to get are what in the press so please utilize that media and any others at your disposal.

Very sad and a true tragedy. Words can't even express how I feel for the family.

I know members of his family personally and ask that you please be thoughtful in your comments as I know one of them is a registered user of this site. While curiosity is a normal reaction I guess, please be cautious on what you post being it can seem very impersonal and morbid to those within the family and friends. If your that interested in the investigation the most answers your going to get are what in the press so please utilize that media and any others at your disposal.

no disrespect inteneded, had family drive throught there yesterday. Just trying to get the truth through all the rumors