Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAPSJ

Where Is This Frequency?

13 posts in this topic

Ok got a new protable scanner for Christmas, haha. Anyways been listening to it. I have looked for who or where this Frequency is located. 154.20500??? Like 10 min ago a department was dispatched to a working fire at a pizza place. Also, heard differant equipment dispatched to MVA's on I-84. Hopefully, someone can help me. Thanks guys and gals.

Thomas

Ok got a new protable scanner for Christmas, haha. Anyways been listening to it. I have looked for who or where this Frequency is located. 154.20500??? Like 10 min ago a department was dispatched to a working fire at a pizza place. Also, heard differant equipment dispatched to MVA's on I-84. Hopefully, someone can help me. Thanks guys and gals.

Thomas

According to RadioReference.com - that frequency is used by the City of Rye FD.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1884

I also quickly looked through, Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, and Rockland Counties with no luck.

Edited by DonMoose

Thanks, I knew that. I had too many frequencies on my mind, lol. I was thinking of 154.44500, but it seems that it is Town Of Newington, CT. We need a listing of equipment and frequencies on here. Cough cough, hint, hint. Thanks all, always a big help anytime.

Thomas

Thanks, I knew that. I had too many frequencies on my mind, lol. I was thinking of 154.44500, but it seems that it is Town Of Newington, CT. We need a listing of equipment and frequencies on here. Cough cough, hint, hint. Thanks all, always a big help anytime.

Thomas

If I am not mistaken, RWC130 had started a list a while back. Look him up and look through his posts--or PM him for the link.

Alot of frequencies are the same for multiple departments. New Fairfield has a frequency where, depending on weather conditions, you can hear FDNY Staten Island units getting sent out. Its NF's Hi-Band Fire Channel 2 or the OEM channel, can't remember which.

One of the best sites to find frequency's is the FCC's Site/Frequency page. This page gives you the options of searching frequency by State/County, Licensee name, and radius around a given geographic point. Other information (including pending applications) can be found at the FCC's FCC's General Menu Reports page.

What are some of the good scanners out there? I know i could just open my pager up to monitor mode if i wanted the county fire freq.

However, I was curious what some of the members used and owned for personal use. Do you use any extra antenna's as well?

Thanks

Mike

I have a Uniden BC246T. It is a nice portable scanner that also picks up the trunked frequencies which is a plus

Alot of frequencies are the same for multiple departments. New Fairfield has a frequency where, depending on weather conditions, you can hear FDNY Staten Island units getting sent out. Its NF's Hi-Band Fire Channel 2 or the OEM channel, can't remember which.

ok that would explain why I heard columbia county fire control paging out I believe valatie fire dept when I was driving on 118 on the border of westchester and putnam county this afternoon on 46.50 which is yonkers dispatch channel if i am not mistaken

Edited by millwood127

154.205 is the OC Paging frequency, there is also a department way down in NJ that often comes in loud and clear here in Orange County. The PL Tone is different though, so you only get it if you dont have a PL Tone programmed in your scanner. The PL Tone for 154.205 for OC Fire Paging is 123.0