Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Future Fireman

Firefighter bail in Ansonia CT.

7 posts in this topic

pics of the fire and bailout are at www.firstduefirephotos.com this was the first of three fires in ansonia in about an hour. all of ansonias units(4 engines 1 truck 1 squad 1 hazmat unit) and all of derbys units( 5 engines 1 truck 1 rescue and 1 ambulance) as well as ansonia rescue medical ( 3 ambulances 1 rescue and 1 lighting and air truck) with station coverage from seymour ( 2 engines 1 truck stand by in quarters) and shelton (1 engine ) station coverage.

I was working when the fires happened. The firefighter who bailed was our 2nd Assistant Chief and he received minor burns to his neck. He is doing okay and is back on his feet. I took a swing by to the Howard Avenue fire after I got home from work. Despite the cold conditions, everyone did an excellent job trying to stop the blaze but unfortunately it had a good headway prior to any unit arriving. The cause was determined to be a malfunctioning television set on the first floor.

The response for Howard Avenue was Engines 1, 4, Truck 7, Squad 9 and Ansonia Rescue ambulance and rehab units, I'm not sure who the RIT unit was but I believe it came from Derby.

The other fires in town were minor and quickly put out by the remainder of Ansonia engine companies and units from Derby and Seymour like Allen had stated.

Allen did you make it to any of the calls????

none of the derby units went rit to howard ave, I ended up going when 16 was called in for hodge ave. I was maybe 2 blocks away when they cleared and then we took in the alarm at ansonia high with shelton.

Allen only thing I have to say is, you got to love odd years in the Valley!!!! LOL

joe I look at it this way odd or even derby still sees the work lol.

AMAZING series of photos (from a photog POV).

Glad to hear the Chief made it out relativly OK!