Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Precision Valve Corp. to close Yonkers plant

8 posts in this topic

I knew this was only a matter of time....how could this company justify continuing it's operation in Yonkers....they make the little valves that are found in spray paints cans, etc.

The reason I'm bringing this up here is because not only is this a big blow to Yonkers, as it's one of the last major industrial manufaturers left in the city, but many of us are familiar with the plant, since it sits ajacent to "722", or Empress EMS HQ's. Many of us have had to park our cars in front of this plant. This will leave a huge gap on Nepperhan Ave. I've never been inside, but maybe this would be a great place for Yonkers FD to move it's HQ's, Spec Ops, and Training Operations, yet that would take this property off the tax roles.

Precision Valve Corp. to close Yonkers plant

By The Journal News • January 22, 2009

Jerry Gleeson

YONKERS - Precision Valve Corp. said yesterday that it would shutter its manufacturing plant and consolidate at another site it owns in South Carolina by Memorial Day. Precision, with a local staff of 200, is the second longtime industrial employer to leave the city in less than a year.

FULL STORY: http://www.lohud.com/article/20090122/NEWS...447/1018/NEWS02

But the land that's under the present HQ will go back on the tax roll's! ;)

Wow....I had my car broken into twice parked ifo there....I still remember the sign in their lot..."Our sprays are CFC free!"

Wow....I had my car broken into twice parked ifo there....

Me too. It was especially great because they had that 24/7 "security guard" who sat in a booth within visible distance.

Me too. It was especially great because they had that 24/7 "security guard" who sat in a booth within visible distance.

hahaha...Brendan Collins and I used to "stake out" our cars while on Post 2...

I knew this was only a matter of time....how could this company justify continuing it's operation in Yonkers....they make the little valves that are found in spray paints cans, etc.

The reason I'm bringing this up here is because not only is this a big blow to Yonkers, as it's one of the last major industrial manufaturers left in the city, but many of us are familiar with the plant, since it sits ajacent to "722", or Empress EMS HQ's. Many of us have had to park our cars in front of this plant. This will leave a huge gap on Nepperhan Ave. I've never been inside, but maybe this would be a great place for Yonkers FD to move it's HQ's, Spec Ops, and Training Operations, yet that would take this property off the tax roles.

FULL STORY: http://www.lohud.com/article/20090122/NEWS...447/1018/NEWS02

Seth,

Tell that to the mayor.

You are right. how could they survive making little spray can valves. THEY MAKE BILLIONS OF THEM. THAT IS HOW,

There are a lot of skells that work there, i've locked up a bunch of them, none the less i do agree that it is going to be a blow for yonkers. This will just be another under a long list of failures for mayor amiclown