Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
citystation1848

Transcare 2009 Ford / AEV (Beekman 34-79)

19 posts in this topic

Apparently the towns that selected TransCare took delivery of the brand new ambulances this past week.

post-17134-1233613017.jpg

post-17134-1233613048.jpg

post-17134-1233613078.jpg

post-17134-1233613099.jpg

They have all been liking the old lights huh?

You mean cheaper lights? LEDs cost a fortune...

Edited by bvfdjc316

Nice looking truck for out there in Union Vale. The color scheme is definitely better than some of the recent trucks. Good luck with it.

They have all been liking the old lights huh?

Its the cookie cutter commercial bus that are "IN STOCK" at most dealers thus if you can write a check you can get one in a matter of days or weeks instead of months. Its all about timing and the bottom line since price is also a major issue for profit driven companies.

Edited by 64FFMJK

Nice to see it lettered with the Town of Beekman as well, looks so much better and professional than some of the ones I have seen with those lovely magnetic signs stuck randomly on the rig.

You gotta love the mangets that NDP has on their ambulances, that always get flipped upside down at the hospital :lol::lol:

You gotta love the mangets that NDP has on their ambulances, that always get flipped upside down at the hospital :lol::lol:

yes another true display of profesional behavior by fellow member of the EMS comunity :angry:

personaly if I were a commisioner for one of the districts or on a town board I would ask them to remove the name from the unit since it only a contracted unit and not owned or operated by the town itself. Sorry it does look nice but the little concern of liability would concern me since when a lawsuit gets filed when that unit gets in a MVA the lawsuit will beagainst every one and sine the towns name is right there I am sure a lawyer will add them to the list.

Edited by 64FFMJK

yes another true display of profesional behavior by fellow member of the EMS comunity :angry:

personaly if I were a commisioner for one of the districts or on a town board I would ask them to remove the name from the unit since it only a contracted unit and not owned or operated by the town itself. Sorry it does look nice but the little concern of liability would concern me since when a lawsuit gets filed when that unit gets in a MVA the lawsuit will beagainst every one and sine the towns name is right there I am sure a lawyer will add them to the list.

They will probably get added to the list and the lawyer for whatever town/village (etc.) who's name is on the unit will promptly get them dropped out of it being the vehicle isn't registered with them. The registered owner will incur all of the liability, unless they do not indemnify the operator of their ambulance. Name or no name any lawyer could find out that unit is the contracted unit for an area and attempt to put some form of liability on the town/village however it is often fruitless.

Is that the back of Mahoney's big head that I see in one of those pics?

Rugged stretchers....yuck!

They will probably get added to the list and the lawyer for whatever town/village (etc.) who's name is on the unit will promptly get them dropped out of it being the vehicle isn't registered with them. The registered owner will incur all of the liability, unless they do not indemnify the operator of their ambulance. Name or no name any lawyer could find out that unit is the contracted unit for an area and attempt to put some form of liability on the town/village however it is often fruitless.

Is that the back of Mahoney's big head that I see in one of those pics?

Rugged stretchers....yuck!

Why yes I believe it is Johns big head head in that photo.

Why yes I believe it is Johns big head head in that photo.

Figures you would know....lol. What up bro! If your catchin some shifts in town let me know when via PM so I can swing by the "station" to say hello.

Ambulance Looks Great!

GOOD JOB TRANSCARE!

Red Star of Life? Yuck!

I don't understand why these fire districts don't require a Type I or III ambulance for these contracts? With some of the transport times in Dutchess County, as well as the calls, and safety of the crew, I'm sure a mod would be a lot better off.

You can get a Type III Chevrolet/Wheeled Coach Citimedic for a good price, and they are very nice units.

Because the towns don't want to pay for a type III. I never had an issue with a van when i worked in dutchess, it really was all relative in my eyes.

Besides, i think Beekman has a box ambulance at their firehouse. You wouldn't know it existed, though.

About the magnets...seeing them turned upside was pretty funny. Nothing wrong with a chuckle in the middle of a rough day.

Edited by Goose

What's up with the blue do they pic a new color everytime they get a new contract? It looks nice but I still like the red paint scheme that the putnam rigs have.

Edited by texastom791

The van vs. mod discussion has been split into it's own topic as to not hijack this thread. You can find the new thread in the "Apparatus Related Discussion" forum.

Ambulance Looks Great!

GOOD JOB TRANSCARE!

Red Star of Life? Yuck!

I second that! Best of luck from the TC brothers in Philly! I'm kinda digging the red SOL with that color scheme, Rob! :D

Saw Pawlings rig at the structure fire the other day liked the name on it not being a magnet looks sharp

Saw Pawlings rig at the structure fire the other day liked the name on it not being a magnet looks sharp

Well it's a good sign that TC shelled out all that money to buy these brand new ambulances, and customize them. Seems to me like they want to keep these contracts.