Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

C.A.F.S Training and handline Management Training in Amenia: 2/2/09

14 posts in this topic

Amenia hosted a CAFS training session last evening for the members of the Northeast Training Association. Those that have not experienced CAFS it gave them the chance to handle a line and see the difference between a water line and a line using CAFS. I missed the initial crews extinguishing the fires in full PPE with SCBA as I was going through the CAFS pump operations on Amenia new 31-11. I have some pictures of our explorers operating a CAFS line but doing no extinguishment thus no SCBA before anyone chimes in about it, they were a safe distance from the fires. Thank you Amenia for providing us this training.

Amenia 31-1 Chief Howard at the pump panel of 31-11

post-16297-1233667625.jpg

Members gather to see the CAFS line put into service.

post-16297-1233667686.jpg

Burning pallets and Amenia members

post-16297-1233667723.jpg

Wassaic Deputy Chief Bergfels and Amenia Past Chief John Macura

post-16297-1233667843.jpg

Wassaic Explorers Bradley Whalen on the nozzle backed up by Terran Mace being instructed by Wassaic Lt. Matt Marshall and Capt. Kenny Elliott.

post-16297-1233667903.jpg

post-16297-1233668038.jpg

post-16297-1233668063.jpg

And yes this is me on the nozzle

post-16297-1233668244.jpg

post-16297-1233668253.jpg

Our newest explorer member Lakesha Simone striking a pose

post-16297-1233668306.jpg

Big Blue 69-31

post-16297-1233668607.jpg

Looks like a very good drill, well put together and it culminated a good ammount of departments up there. I've yet to get my hands on a CAFS line yet, but hopefully in the spring I will.

Looks like a very good drill, well put together and it culminated a good ammount of departments up there. I've yet to get my hands on a CAFS line yet, but hopefully in the spring I will.

I'm sure when the weather gets a bit warmer we will do another. I will keep you informed and you would be welcome to come up and join us.

I'm sure when the weather gets a bit warmer we will do another. I will keep you informed and you would be welcome to come up and join us.

Sounds good, Thanks :)

Here is one I just found, I guess I was moving to fast. :rolleyes:

post-16297-1233670251.jpg

Amenia guys - NICE WEB SITE!!!!

I have never played with CAFS....and I guess I am not a huge proponent of it...yet...I guess I am just a fan of the old school water way...

I would love to be schooled sometime..

Dan me either until I put my hands on the line and have seen what the CAFs can do. Thanks Aaron for sharing the pics.

We are going to have some thing in the early spring instead of a wet down we call it a foam up. We have not set a date yet but we will keep you posted for anyone interested.

Glad that Amenia now has a CAFS system, welcome to the club! I wish I was around to see 31-11 in action last night. Can't wait for the foam up!

Dan me either until I put my hands on the line and have seen what the CAFs can do. Thanks Aaron for sharing the pics.

Nice name patch....

Nice name patch....

Looking good.