Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

Out and About...Box 8926

13 posts in this topic

So I'm sitting here in Chateau de Blue Eyes, when I spy ESU Truck 4 going the wrong way down the Deegan, and I see 63 Engine coming south in their new rig..(Nice detailing btw..) BronxFireRadio calls me, and I call my office and out the door I go, Camera in hand..

First shot, across the street and through the fence, looking down by the Stella Doro bakery.

Cement1.jpg

Then through the fence and down the hill a little bit off of Tibbetts Trail..

Cement2.jpg

Hey look, here's where me and the locals got chased off by the Highway Sergeant..

Cement3.jpg

Back to 238th, directly across from Da Chateau...

Cement4.jpg

And a little closer..

Cement5.jpg

After a fruitless search for my keys, which I thought I dropped in the weeds. It was AQ at Box 3538.

Enjoy..

That is right in my area... I wonder which buses got the job...

There was at least one Haz-Tac bus there. I'm gonna take a stab and say 19Henry or 27Henry??

Nice shots. Amazing there was no entrapment. That is some very well-mixed cement right there.

Stella Doro, now there's a place I haven't been in years. My grandmother used to live on Broadway across from Van Courtland Park, good memories.

I was expecting an "assuming the position" shot after the highway sergeant was pointing at you...great shots as always Jimmy...

How dare you terrorists photograph our response to a rollover on the Deegan. First the geese now JBE. The haztac was 17H who somehow managed to be 2 minutes out and just off their CSL down by Yankee Stadium when 19E(?) was assigned. I thought I heard 1 being extricated from a car involved. Mixer was still on the side of the road at 2:30.

No entrapment at this rollover, driver was out of truck upon my arrival, yes JBE you have me in pictures. Nice job by tow truck guys in righting this fully loaded cement truck. Oh Yeah while responding we had reports of semi and car pinned under but as you can see just a rollover.

Edited by Mac8146

I was expecting an "assuming the position" shot after the highway sergeant was pointing at you...great shots as always Jimmy...

Wait, you mean like one of these?? Orlando, last Thursday. Thanx to my girl, Nikki.

spreadem6.jpg

For those of you unfamiliar with my little "tradition" my father was NYPD for 30 years. In 1991, a friend of mine came to Lake Carmel from England and we took a tour of the city. We were out in front of the old Hard Rock, and there was a radio car parked out front. My dad got a picture of my friend in front of it. I immediately went for the position. Few days later, Kent PD was kind enough to oblige. Over the years, for some giggles, I have assumed the position, in LA, Baltimore, Honolulu, and a few other places..I do it more now to honor my dad, cause I know he'd get a laugh out of it. Mac, gimme a call at the CO when the new rig comes in. I got pictures to take..PS, shirt provided by the Dirty Drummer, 44th Street in Phoenix. Great food and a nice place. Ask for Erika, tell her JBE sent you!!!

Edited by JBE

Nice pics thanks for sharing must of been a long drive home that night for some people

Edited by JHK3605

27Henry sits right around there. The CSL for them is W 231/Bailey. They come out of Station 19 on W 183/Jerome. If 17Henry was on the job then they were probably coming out of a northern hospital like Monte, NCB, or OLM...