Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RocklandFires

Rockland Co. - 8th Annual Expo 04/25 Photos added

20 posts in this topic

The Trustees of the Rockland County Volunteer Fire Services Museum are proud to announce our 8th annual EXPO will be held on Saturday April 25th, 2009 from 10AM-4PM at the Rockland County Fire Training Center, located on Fireman's Memorial Drive in Pomona, NY. Last years EXPO was a great success and we are expecting 2009 to be even better. We are looking for vendors and antique apparatus to attend. There will be live demonstrations by several Rockland County Departments and specialty units like the Technical Rescue Team & Hazmat Team. Any questions, feel free to contact me: RocklandFires@aol.com or call my cell phone (914) 588-0084

Brian Duddy/Museum Curator/Co-Chairman RCVFSM EXPO 2009

Photos from past years:

http://www.brianduddy.com/g/expo2008

http://www.brianduddy.com/g/expo2007

post-23-1239496210.jpg

Thanks for posting the flyer Tim. As long as the weather holds out for us, the expo is shaping up to be a great event. Come take a tour of our 2 level fire museum. Watch live demonstrations by Rockland Fire Departments & Specialty Teams. Check out several antique apparatus as well as Rocklands newest deliveries. The Rockland County Sheriff's Department Arson Unit & Bomb Squad will also be on hand. You won't want to miss this event !

Just a reminder about the Expo this Saturday. Weather should be about 73 degrees and sunny. Don't have a list of all the rigs that will be there but we should have a really good attendance. The Technical Rescue Team will be doing a demo at 11am, Explorers Post # 44 will be doing a live burn at 12 noon, Hazmat Team doing a demo at 1pm & Hillcrest FD doing an extrication demo at 2pm.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow. Stop over and say hello ! I'll be the only museum trustee wearing a blue polo and have a camera on my shoulder all day !

Photo from todays Expo. TR54 - Pearl River FD American LaFrance.

post-23-1240691773.jpg

Hillcrest Fire Dept.

post-23-1240691949.jpg

Photo TR54

post-23-1240692157.jpg

Retired PCFD Eng 62. Photo TR54

post-23-1240694994.jpg

Communications Vehicle. Photo TR54

post-23-1240695292.jpg

Hillcrest Fire Dept.

Looks like old engine 134 from peekskill fd

Hillcrest FD.

post-23-1240706774.jpg

TR54......wow, I was standing right next to you for some of those shots!

Too many other things on my mind, combined with the heat getting to me (TOO EARLY in the year to say that!), it never occurred to me to ask either of "those guys" if they were involved with one board or another. As Homer Simpson would say...."D'OH!!" :rolleyes::D

TR54......wow, I was standing right next to you for some of those shots!

Too many other things on my mind, combined with the heat getting to me (TOO EARLY in the year to say that!), it never occurred to me to ask either of "those guys" if they were involved with one board or another. As Homer Simpson would say...."D'OH!!" :rolleyes::D

lol. Yes very Sunny today. Next event we will talk. Nice job by all those involved.

post-23-1240710198.jpg

great shots as always Brian, I especially like the shot #DSC8119, firefighter in the doorway with flames behind.

great shots as always Brian, I especially like the shot #DSC8119, firefighter in the doorway with flames behind.

Thanks ! Looking forward to next years Expo already !