Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RES20CUE

Yorktown R-16 For Sale on e-Bay

12 posts in this topic

I just noticed tonight that Yorktown's Rescue 16 is for sale on e-bay. The last I had heard through this site, was that Yorktown was keeping this and re-designating it HazMat 4.

R-16 on e-Bay

Yeah the price is up there, but it looks like it is coming fully stocked.

I know yorktown has a new rescue on order that they are expecting in the fall.

If only it was right hand drive :(

What's the make and specs on the new Rescue anyone know

for one i hope its red

All of our new apparatus will be red, following the MA-8 , E270, and L51 scheme. As for the make and model, I'm not on the committee, so I do not know.

edit:

http://public.fotki.com/lfd171/westchester...iniattack8.html

http://public.fotki.com/lfd171/westchester.../engine270.html

http://public.fotki.com/lfd171/westchester.../ladder_51.html

Edited by EMSJunkie712

Good catch, RES20CUE!!

The winning bidder was Rescue 1 (PL Custom) out of New Jersey. It will be on a Spartan chasis. Delivery is expected in Fall 2009. Tandem axle, I believe.

The original plan was to keep the current R-16, renumbering it HM-4, and keeping the cascade system so it can double as a Mask Service Unit. It's primary role will be the Northern Westchester Spill Response unit.

This Ebay thing came as a suprise to me, as well as the sale of Engine 275. Maybe the district is trying to raise some cash, I don't know but it would have been a great resource as an MSU and support unit for Northern Westchester.

The original plan was to keep the current R-16, renumbering it HM-4, and keeping the cascade system so it can double as a Mask Service Unit. It's primary role will be the Northern Westchester Spill Response unit.

Sounds like if they were going to do that it should have been marked as a Utility.

HM was designated for HM teams which should be a lot more than a "spill team"

What's the new Rescue going to cost? Maybe the reason they're selling their old one to help defer it's cost.

I am not one for replying to posts or discuss Yorktown Fire District business on this or any other forum. But it seems that many have an interest in what goes on in Yorktown. So I will try to answer all the post.

First and foremost Yorktown has had a replacement program for many years. When apparatus reaches a particular age it is put in to an active reserve. Engine 275 was well past that age at 27 years old.

Two: Yorktown returned to the RED scheme back in 2002 when Engine 270 was ordered.

Three: REDTRUCK brokered the sale of Engine 275, and was told if they can get X amount for the Rescue the district would sell it.

Four: If X amount is not met Rescue 16 will be renumbered as HM-4. Yorktown far surpasses the requirements to have a HM unit. The District is not looking to sell off the rescue to offset the cost of the new Rescue. Unlike a number of government agency and banks Yorktown Fire District is financial responsible!

I hope this answered most if not all your questions.

(Let no man’s ghost return to say his training let him down)

Edited by ytpastchief99-00