Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Westchester County cop hurt when cruiser is struck by alleged drunk driver

15 posts in this topic

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Do we have any update on how he's doing?

On another note, interesting about the use of a thermal imaging camera to capture the suspect. Does WCPD carry one, or was this via the Aviation unit?

Westchester County cop hurt when cruiser is struck by alleged drunk driver

By Shawn Cohen

The Journal News • March 11, 2009

YONKERS - A Westchester County police officer suffered a broken rib and other injuries early today on the Bronx River Parkway after his stopped patrol car was struck by an allegedly drunk driver who then ran with his passenger into the woods.

FULL STORY: http://www.lohud.com/article/20090311/NEWS02/903110402

What scumbags, I hope the two occupants received a free tune-up courtesy of the WCPD...

Great pinch by the ladies and gentlemen of Westchester County's Finest.

Hope the injured Officer recovers soon.

Edited by SageVigiles

It was a handheld thermal imaging camera. I believe that YPD ESU, MVPD ESU and WCPD Patrol Supervisors all carry them.

Hope for a speedy recovery. Wonder if Habib 1 &2 are legals. Hope they are sent away for a long time or better yet deported.

speedy recovery to the officer

Best wisshe for a speedy recovery, Officer. And may the book be thrown at the refuse responsible.

YPD ESU Truck 4 (with YFD L-73) popped the door with the jaws and removed the PO. YPD K-9 w/Truck 4 started a track from the perp vehicle into the woods between the parkway and Fleetwood Station. Truck 4 used a handheld Bullard TIC and found a heat source in the woods, which ended up being directly accross the river from the end of the K-9's track. WCPD arrived with a 2nd camera and held on the perp's position from the overpass above. MTA had to cut power to the tracks so PD could remove the suspects.

YPD ESU Truck 4 (with YFD L-73) popped the door with the jaws and removed the PO. YPD K-9 w/Truck 4 started a track from the perp vehicle into the woods between the parkway and Fleetwood Station. Truck 4 used a handheld Bullard TIC and found a heat source in the woods, which ended up being directly accross the river from the end of the K-9's track. WCPD arrived with a 2nd camera and held on the perp's position from the overpass above. MTA had to cut power to the tracks so PD could remove the suspects.

Best wishes to Officer Carroll for a speedy recovery. And thank God Ford fixed the gas tank problem!!!!

And as usual...good job to those involved in the incident, from extrication to locating the suspects!

And, no I was not working!

Wishing a speedy recovery...glad the perps were caught.....

I was working 2 different nights when WCPD officers were injured/involved in MVA's....NOT a stress-free situation!

Wow, what scumbags indeed! Glad to see the driver was hit with a felony assault charge on top of the DWI. To be involved in a serious accident (drunk or not) and taking off without seeing if the person (a police office in this case) was ok? Shows what kind of person these two nimrods were.

To PO Carrol, best wishes for a speedy recovery and a return to the fine WCPD!

I know when i was dispatching (few years back & not for very long) for WCPD, that was one of my biggest fears. Getting the radio call that an officer was in any sort of trouble. I remember some of the seasoned dispatchers & PO's telling me stories of guys getting hit by cars while on traffic stops, not a good scenario. Glad that PO Carrol is ok and will recover from this incident.

Best wisshe for a speedy recovery, Officer. And may the book be thrown at the refuse responsible.

Couldn't have said it better myself Chris. Absolutely right at throwing the book.

-Joe DA BUFF

I hope it's a very thick book :angry:

speedy recovery to the officer

Damn right for the cop my mistake if no one understood