Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grumpyff

Patterson, pick up truck vs train 03/21/09

24 posts in this topic

As mentioned, the pick up truck was attempting to cross Metro North tracks south of the train station, near Patterson Recreation Center. The truck was leaving the swamp area when it struck the northbound train. The 3 occupants fled the vehicle, 1 returned to the scene, 1 was found at his residence, and the last one was still at large. No injuries reported on the train. Both individuals that were found were transported to local hospitals. The crossing is considered a private crossing, and is not equipped with warning devices. Here are a few photos I got:

post-917-1237703220.jpg

post-917-1237703237.jpg

post-917-1237703245.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

I was recently doing some reading about the Great Swamp and kayak/canoe access to the waterway, and they mention that access road and the uncontrolled crossing. I immediately was skeptical to crossing the tracks when I read that there is no gates there, now I'm even moreso. :)

Looks like the train wins :lol::blink:

Edited by JHK3605

Thats one pick up truck that will be headed to the scrap yard.

Hopefully the driver will be headed to the prison yard.

Looks like the train wins :lol::blink:

Indeed, final score: Train: 1 Pickup: 0

Driver was just found this morning at his residence - transported to the hospital. :0)

Thanks for sharing Photos.

I was recently doing some reading about the Great Swamp and kayak/canoe access to the waterway, and they mention that access road and the uncontrolled crossing. I immediately was skeptical to crossing the tracks when I read that there is no gates there, now I'm even moreso. :)

Look both ways! :P:rolleyes:

Thats one pick up truck that will be headed to the scrap yard.

Oh c'mon now, a little bondo and fresh coat of paint and good as new!!!!

The driver was transported after spending the night at home? Can anyone offer some further insight?

The driver was transported after spending the night at home? Can anyone offer some further insight?

I think they were illegals that took off after they crashed.

In the picture of the transcare fly car what is the official name? just medic-4? And are the occupants of the vehicle wanted just for fleeing the scene or did they do something else?

Hopefully the driver will be headed to the prison yard.

Based on what? And for what charge...other then leaving the scene? I for one don't see a need to burden the system or waste Putnam County taxpayer dollars for leaving the scene.

Same thought came to my mind. Another case of it might not hurt my cause to go get evaluated?

driver slept in swamp for the night, went to Danbury for injuries this morning, occupants were not illegals. Just Stupid and drinking

sooo that would explain alot !!!!!! :blink:

In the picture of the transcare fly car what is the official name? just medic-4? And are the occupants of the vehicle wanted just for fleeing the scene or did they do something else?

Yeah, Putnam's medics are just called Medics 1 thru 4. When dispatched it's just Putnam 911 to medic 4 respond to........

Based on what? And for what charge...other then leaving the scene? I for one don't see a need to burden the system or waste Putnam County taxpayer dollars for leaving the scene.

Same thought came to my mind. Another case of it might not hurt my cause to go get evaluated?

endangering the welfare of a minor. one occupant was only 16. reckless endangerment. I sure that there are a few other charges that couls be added in.

Perhaps there is something in the last name of each of these mopes... according to this morning's Lohud article, their last name is BEERS. I kid you not-- straight from the files of "You can't make this ++++ up!"

endangering the welfare of a minor. one occupant was only 16. reckless endangerment. I sure that there are a few other charges that couls be added in.

Dead right:

"The driver of a pickup truck that collided with a train Saturday night in Patterson was found at his home yesterday morning and charged with leaving the scene of an accident, Metro-North Railroad said yesterday.Jayson Beers, 34, of Patterson also was charged with child endangerment because a 16-year-old boy was in the truck, said Metro-North spokesman Dan Brucker. Both charges are misdemeanors. Also in the truck was Gary Beers, 51, a relative of the driver who lives in the same home, Brucker said."

2 things quickly went across my mind when I read this topic heading:

What the heck is our blind Governer doing driving a pick up truck? and then: Well what the hell do you expect? Of course he's gunna get into an accident :P

(Man... I need some sleep)

You would think that truck with all the "aerodynamic" upgrades would of simply flown over the train.