Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nhfd241

Lagrange FD Brush fire At James Baird State Park

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why Lagrange called Hughsonville to the scene of the brush fire this afternoon?

Does anyone know why Lagrange called Hughsonville to the scene of the brush fire this afternoon?

Because they needed help?

Lagrange command requested the 2 closest atvs which brought in hughsonville and fishkill fire departments.

Lagrange command requested the 2 closest atvs which brought in hughsonville and fishkill fire departments.

That would be East Fishkill.... with the 6 Wheeler

pawling is just as close with a gator which has a skid pack containing a 75 gal water tank and 5 gallon foam tank just to let other people know. its some what new and could be a great help expecially with all these brush fires lately

Just to clarify, I believe 45-96 is Hughsonville's ATV. Maybe Dutchess county dispatchers felt that it would be a logical move to send Hughsonville. It is I believe only a 10-15 minute response, reasonable for such a large fire. I have heard much more outrageous responses. Is Pawling's ATV identified as an ATV in the Dutchess County CAD System? That could be another reason. BTW I read the post title, "Lagrange FD Brush Fire at James Baird State Park", any reason why this whole topic is about one particular department that was called MUTUAL AID??

Just to clarify, I believe 45-96 is Hughsonville's ATV. Maybe Dutchess county dispatchers felt that it would be a logical move to send Hughsonville. It is I believe only a 10-15 minute response, reasonable for such a large fire. I have heard much more outrageous responses. Is Pawling's ATV identified as an ATV in the Dutchess County CAD System? That could be another reason. BTW I read the post title, "Lagrange FD Brush Fire at James Baird State Park", any reason why this whole topic is about one particular department that was called MUTUAL AID??

Its NOT about one particular department, its about the incident that was in the Lagrange Fire District. Its not just about hughsonville it was a question that was asked by a member who lives near hughsonville and was wondering why they were called not knowing that they were the closest ATV unit.

In addition to it being a large scale incident, County tries as best as they can to "spread the love" so to speak and pull equipment and manpower from a wider area to avoid stripping any one area of trucks and people, and they have become quite good at it. it may appear that they are skipping over one and picking the next, but the real reason is stated above.

In addition to it being a large scale incident, County tries as best as they can to "spread the love" so to speak and pull equipment and manpower from a wider area to avoid stripping any one area of trucks and people, and they have become quite good at it. it may appear that they are skipping over one and picking the next, but the real reason is stated above.

Exactly, take Millbrook for example, with their equipment tied up at their brush fire, and MA to LaGrange if they had a structure fire during the call, they would have been SOL. But you see, they didnt take all of Union Vales equipment, when its closest, but they pulled from East Clinton, Beekman, East Fishkill, Pawling etc.

I can say this is the first time ive heard 45 go M/A to 47 :lol:

We received a call from the county letting us know that we may be headed next to Lagrange with 69-31, this was shortly after we returned from the Millbrook fire with the rig.

Clearly there are tankers closer but the method that is used to not strip one area of resources is what is used in these types of large scaled incidents.

Maybe they just wanted to............chat. :blink:

Is Pawling's ATV identified as an ATV in the Dutchess County CAD System? That could be another reason.

our gator is known as 54-96 in the cad system

our gator is known as 54-96 in the cad system

Nice to know that this resource is out there and fairly close to our district.

Nice to know that this resource is out there and fairly close to our district.

yes, we havent used it much but its available to whom ever needs it. great resource on some of these brush fires as well as search and rescues

by the sounds of things there gonna be enough brush fires for everyone this year busy already