Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

Garrison (Putnam) Brush Fire - duration 24 hours - 03-25-09

18 posts in this topic

A few snapshots of the Garrison Fire today - about 24 hours into it. From my perspective it looked like they made a great stop and there were only a few hot spots remaining.

post-4772-1238016043.jpg

post-4772-1238015929.jpg

The staging area is at the right edge of the photo.

post-4772-1238015954.jpg

Equipment was staged a good distance away from the fireline. Gotta love ATV's and gators!

post-4772-1238016003.jpg

There was a good sized area of scorched earth!

post-4772-1238015996.jpg

post-4772-1238016008.jpg

post-4772-1238016260.jpg

More to follow!

Chris great shots and views, what is the large building in the background in the first picture?

What is the status of the fire at this time?

OMG!!!! We need to get you and Photounit together. Can you imagine the magic he could work dangling by a lanyard out the door of one of those birds? Whatta ya say Bill? Are you ready for some aerials?

OMG!!!! We need to get you and Photounit together. Can you imagine the magic he could work dangling by a lanyard out the door of one of those birds? Whatta ya say Bill? Are you ready for some aerials?

Hmmmm, WCPD Aviation and Photounit; A nice sounding combo!

Now if only we could get DCSO to get an aviation unit!!!

Nice pics Chris, thanks for sharing!! Always nice from a different perspective than normal!!! Were you up with WCPD doing bambi bucket drops?

Hmmmmmmm....... Bring it on ;)

I shot photo's of my work location last fall for a real estate brochure (Trying to save my job) I took all kinds of shots that were used in the color brochure that the realtor had printed...... When I was given a copy of the the brochure it had two ariel shots taken by somebody that they hired..... I was a combination of pissed and disappointed that I didn't get the whole job...... I would of loved to have done the aerial shots too..... And as Chris can tell you..... It's sometimes challenging getting good material when your several thousand feet up in the air..... The realtor was shocked to find out that one of the employees (Me) did the ground shots...... I know I could have done as well or better than whoever they hired.....It's looking like it was all in vain though..... At least I have the brochure for my resume....... :( Nice work Chris and thanks for sharing these with us!

Edited by Photounit

Nice pics thanks for sharing them

CVFD Pics

Chief what are the specs of the Kawasaki, looks like a great resource, thanks for sharing.

Chief what are the specs of the Kawasaki, looks like a great resource, thanks for sharing.

4-wheel drive

Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, three-cylinder, overhead valve diesel engine

1600 lbs Load capacity

What we carry on it

Low band mobile radio

Ultra high mobile radio

75 gallons of water in tank

Stokes basket

8.25 HP trash pump with adapter to feed fire hose

1 length of flex suction with strainer

200 ft of forestry Hose

At One point we were feeding about 4-5 hundred feet with decent pressure up hill and you can also see us filling Garrisons engine. He was pushing out as we were feeding him and he never ran out of water. I would recommend one of these set-ups for anyone who has a lot of woodland that is not easily assessable by road. All you need Is a pond or stream and you can draft all day.

Back up there this morning as a hiker came across a downed tree trunk that was smoldering within the burn area. Winds were kicking up.

on post number 9 whos brush truck is the red one on the second one in between the forest rangers truck and north highlands brush truck

Left to right, Garrison 15-3-2 North Highlands, Garrison 15-3-1 and Continental Village.

O, thats what replaced garrisons old international. Is it a brush truck with a pump and all or is it just a utility truck? Either way good for them.

That is Garrison`s new 15-3-2 it is a CAFS mini pumper

4-wheel drive

Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, three-cylinder, overhead valve diesel engine

1600 lbs Load capacity

What we carry on it

Low band mobile radio

Ultra high mobile radio

75 gallons of water in tank

Stokes basket

8.25 HP trash pump with adapter to feed fire hose

1 length of flex suction with strainer

200 ft of forestry Hose

At One point we were feeding about 4-5 hundred feet with decent pressure up hill and you can also see us filling Garrisons engine. He was pushing out as we were feeding him and he never ran out of water. I would recommend one of these set-ups for anyone who has a lot of woodland that is not easily assessable by road. All you need Is a pond or stream and you can draft all day.

Excellent setup and thanks for the information. Looks like something for us to work on.