Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Paramedic TV Drama Series Coming To NBC: "Trauma"

18 posts in this topic

New medical drama to shoot in SF

NBC has committed to filming a television pilot with the working title "Trauma" in San Francisco, a move Mayor Gavin Newsom said will inject $7 million into the city's economy through the hiring of a local crew, local tax payments and business patronage.

A press release from the mayor's office today announcing the deal practically gushed about the "action-packed, high-octane medical drama that follows a heroic group of paramedics as they save lives under extraordinary circumstances."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/cityin...;entry_id=36451

I hope they don't make it a soap opera.

Second that.....hope it is good.

It better not turn into another Rescue Me

This is interesting timing, especially since I've been watching "Emergency!" reruns of late. Good luck to the show's writers and producers. Hope it works out.

-Joe DA BUFF

Randy Mantooth can't get his USAR series piloted but with all the shows on TLC and Discovery they'll do this??

This has been officially picked up by NBC for the Fall season, and will be entitled "Trauma".

Here's the trailer:

http://www.nbc.com/trauma

The show is balderdash.

Rubbish.

What a shame to involve a department trying to sort out EMS and Fire in such fantastic and foolish hyperbole.

There is no roving hero helicopter in SF.

YUCK!

I am insulted by the hollywood shills and pimps once more.

This looks worse then i previously thought.

I second that Goose. :( I guess sometimes to get things done right you have to do them yourself... That is we should start the EMTBravo channel. With shows like "10-75 Westchester" (No it doesn't exist) I'm tired of the Hollywood sob drama, full of somewhat BS, emergency personnel shows. Thou yes some are good and are accurate. Others I feel, like this new show Trauma don't give the public Joe-somebody a good picture of what the job is really like and cover up with the drama instead of the trauma. Thats my 2 cents. $0.02

A show I do like is the reality show, "Trauma : Life in the E.R." on the Health Channel ;)

bring back the Bravest and Firehouse USA

call it a day

Do ya' think there were enough explosions on the trailer?

They have 20 millions law enforcement and medical dramas out there. Plus the fire service has "Rescue Me".

So, why not a paramedic DRAMA? People aren't going to tune in to see us going to frequent flyers, ALS transports, and all the other things that are routine about our job. You've got to get people to watch the show, and you're not going to see anything similar to "Paramedics" that used to be on TLC years back anytime soon.

I hope this does well, because it will increase EMS's relatively dormant profile in the public's eyes compared to FD and PD. And, if it does well, we may possibly see other networks trying out series based on EMS, and maybe be the launch of a better series.

Watching the re-runs, "Third Watch" was excellent. They had a lot of unrealistic scenarios, but did a good job of presenting the story, in my opinion.