Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
afd65

Yorktowns New Ladder

25 posts in this topic

what will u be doing with the old ladder?

i believe chief martin said that we are going to hold onto it for a few more years and then hopefully replace it with a 95' aerialscope

the older one, ladder 51, is still running great, so there isn't any real reason to get rid of it right away. we will enjoy the pleasure of operating 2 ladder trucks at the same time. And then maybe get that 95' tower ladder? [-o<

the old ladder is lime green...i don't know what colors you guys use...we have rigs that are different colors.

we have a couple of black/red, one rig is like metallic blue/grey over red, white over red...thats why i was asking

yorktown where will u be puting this new truck? at which station and if u r keeping the old one where is that goin to be? i didn't think u had enough room for both of them?

Oh, we use some weird yellow color.

That "weird yellow color" is lime green, aka slime green.

Yorktown's new ladder will go into station 1 in the 3rd bay (3rd from the left). Thats the only bay in our 2 houses that has an extended bay and will accomodate the new ladder. The old ladder i belive will stay in the same place, but im unsure which way the engines will be placed

If memory serves and the junior corp is done answering ](*,) the new ladder will be put into the 3rd bay as previously stated. Thankfully it will be red, in the same scheme as 270. I believe 275 would then be relocated to station 2. If construction on the 3rd firehouse would ever begin/end, we could shuffle some of the older rigs down there, including the tanker, to free up some more room in otherwise cramped quarters.

As for Yorktown recieving a tower ladder down the road, that is just tv room speculation at this point, all though I'm sure it would make a lot of us happy.

where will your 3rd firehouse be and what would u have in it? the tanker and old rigs? which rigs are your old rigs? and how do u guys respond to calls? do u have paid drivers or r u 100% vol.? :-k

Yorktown in 100% volunteer all the time. We are issued Minitor Pagers and when the tones go off for Yorktown, any member who is avalible responds to the call. Cheifs will normally respond to the scene in their cheif car. If no drivers pick up the rig, they will sometimes stop off at the HQ to pick up an engine. Under normal circumstances, we always have a driver picking up the engines, mostly because many members work for the town, or some busness in the town. Our rigs can be seen here, and you can determine which ones are old at your own discrepancy lol http://www.yorktownfire.org/station1/station1.htm and http://www.yorktownfire.org/station2/station2.htm. As for the hopefully future 3rd station, it will be placed in the no hydrant district on route 134. I know that our tanker will be placed down there. As for other engines I am unsure but belive that at least one engine will be placed down there...either 271 or 275.

wouldn't u want 271 down there since it holds more water then 275.even though 275 is older? just a ? thanks for all your info on everything else

like i said before, i was unsure when it came to moving an engine down to staion 3, but i agree with you that 271 should be moved down there because it hold more water then 275. IMO i dont think it has anything to do with age of the apperatus(just like what afd65 said) but the capacity of water it holds. Always a pleasure to supply info :D

Let's not forget that the new Ladder won't be able to carry as much truck company equipment because it will be a QUINT. Yes, the new Truck", will have pump,tank, and hose,lol. So, basically, you will be having not only a ladder responding from Station 1, but you will also have an additional Engine at Station 1. No idea yet how Y-town will be altering their line card to adapt to the new truck.

Also, hopefully, it will be here late this year.

through the grapevine I heard that it should be arriving sometime inbetween June to August

Question For X635 .... Do you have any idea what equipment is on a Ladder?

YHFD Ladder ? will have ever thing a Truck Co needs. All the hand, power tools, ropes, ground ladders ( already more then NFPA req.) fans, lighting, and more. There is one thing the new ladder will not have on it and that is a rescue tool (Hurst tool) we already have two rigs with a full set up.

As far as the Tower Ladder 95' yes this is just talk right now. The Next rig to be replaced will be the Rescue. ( don't ask anything about it ) Rescue is the next one for replacement in the cycle. There are no plans and no idear what it will be. We want to get the new Ladder in and in service before we even sit down and talk about it.

For thoses who question what will be on the new Ladder all I have to say is come and see Engine 270, 273, 271 and MA-8 Yorktown take pride in placing the right equipment for the job on our apparatus. But don't make any mistake we don't set them up for parades. We set them up to work. Just ask any WCPJ.

where did the discussion go?

This topic is over a year old. It's time for a fresh thread on this, so the discussion was split in the new thread.

This topic is now locked.

For the new Yorktown Ladder thread about it's delivery to the WC, click here

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=9021

As for EMSJunkies comment, you are viewing that discussion now, so you obviously know where the discussion went. Why'd you ask that question?

Sometimes, topics get split or moved to a more appropriate/specific forum for a variety of reasons. Before thinking that a thread was deleted or jumping to conclusions, try taking a look around the forum.

*P.S. I was in the process of adding a comment that the thread has been split as "EMSJunkie" posted his comment.