Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

Eastchester EMS Numbering System?

16 posts in this topic

who are EVAC 57-11 and 57-12? the officers cars?

Not sure of who has which numbers, but there are several "full time" volunteers so to say that are at EVAC quite a bit. They have assigned numbers that are recognized by 60 Control. Usually you will only hear them used when they respond from their places of residence or if they are on scene at incidents such as a fire etc.

pudge3311 or roeems please correct me if i am wrong.

and obviously, how wrong i was (see below)

very wrong shantz. They are the officers of the Corps.:

57-11 Chief

12 Dep Chief Administration

13 Dep Chief Operations

14 Captain

15 Dep Chief Advance Life Support (I believe)

16 Admin Lt.

17 Operations Lt.

Just to clarify the numbers, sorry Pudge...ha ha

57-11 Chief/President

57-12 Deputy Chief of Operations/Vice President

57-13 DC Administration/VP (who was on the scene the other night, not 57-12)

57-14 Captain

57-15 Lt. Administration

57-16 Lt. Operations

57-17 DC, ALS Coordinator

was 2103 there? that is EFD asst chief...dont know if there is an acting asst chief since Grogan took over for Fennelly

just read the IA again...answered my own question......

County started standardizing the EMS radio identifiers a year or two ago.....

just a note-in some systems (OVAC, TVAC, SHAC), there is no chief...the captian is the chief officer, therefore, he or she is the 11 number (ie 73-11)...lieutenants are 12, 13 etc....

According to the latest copy of the Westchester County Mutual Aid agreement, line officers are assigned to -01, -02, -03. Any reason that they didn't follow this?

Every agency that I know of that follows the WC numbering system, uses -11, -12, -13, etc for the line officers. -01, -02, -03, etc are typically units (ambulances, flycars, etc).

Strange...we (Sleepy Hollow) did have the 01, 02, 03 officer numbers for some time....WCDES stated that 11, 12, 13 etc. were the standard for the county when we updated the CAD listing, so we changed.

MFKAP you are right, WAS that numbering system is not suppose to exist anymore, but we all know how slight change goes over here, officers were no long suppose to use 11,12,13.

They are suppose to use 1,2,3. 35-1, 75-1, 88-1, 74-1.

The unit numbers are suppose to have no 01, 02, 03. That went out in like 1998 or 99. Hence the B1, B2, for BLS buses or A1, A2, A3 for ALS ambulaces or Medic 1, Medic 2 or flycars.

At TVAC, as far as I know, we do use the 1,2,3 numbering for line officers. However, you will very rarely hear them used on the radio since we are supposed to respond from HQ, not our place of residence. The only time I can remember hearing the number systme was at the Chestnut St fire in Sleepy in June of 04. Both of Sleepy's rigs were on stand-by at the fire, our duty crew was on stand-by at the fire, our back-up crew was on standby to cover Sleepy if they got a call, IVAC was covering Tarrytown, and one of IVAC's rigs were on stand-by at the fire as well.

For those of you brave souls that would like to read the county mutual aid plan, it is online at http://www.westchestergov.com/emergserv/EM...lanDec03-v5.pdf

In appendix F, it says that your agency code is first, than 0 for command unit, than 1,2,3, etc for rank order, with 1 being the ranking officer. I don't know why county would have you change over to 11, 12, 13 when they were updating their CAD system. But again, we don't know why county does a lot of what they do.

Good point...we did have 01, 02, 03 officer numbers two years age (ie. SHAC 7301)...when we contacted the county to update the CAD, a lieutenant, speaking on behalf of Mike Volk, stated that officers started at 11...like the FD Chiefs..with the Capt or EMS Chief being 11 (73-11)....non-officer members to begin at 20 (73-20, 73-21 etc..)....only vehicles to use single digits 1 thru 10 (73-B-1)...

We changed our whole member numbering system because of this (all officers and EMTs+plus some drivers are issued portables with identifiers)....

He stated that this "standardization" began in the North County and DES wanted everyone to convert...

Hope he was right, because we (Sleepy) did!!!

Call me crazy...but isn't there a 2004 update to the mutual aid plan???? Any numbering changes in it???