Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFFORD

CT ambulance name list

17 posts in this topic

i was wondering if there was like a web site or something with the assignments of all Connecticut ambulance names. kinds worded that strangely but something like this:

Shelton: Victors

Derby: Kilo

Ansonia: Bravo

Seymour: Tango

Oxford: Juliet

VEMS: Zulu

(guess you can tell i'm from the valley :blink: )

AMR NH: Charlie

???: Lima

???: Mike

???: November

etc...

thanks in advance

i was wondering if there was like a web site or something with the assignments of all Connecticut ambulance names. kinds worded that strangely but something like this:

Shelton: Victors

Derby: Kilo

Ansonia: Bravo

Seymour: Tango

Oxford: Juliet

VEMS: Zulu

(guess you can tell i'm from the valley :blink: )

AMR NH: Charlie

???: Lima

???: Mike

???: November

etc...

thanks in advance

Since you've got the Valley down:

Alpha: New Haven FD

Charlie: AMR NH

Delta: Hamden

Echo: West Haven (includes Allingtown and West Shore)

Fox: Nelson

Gulf: Milford

Hotel: Branford

India: North Branford

Lima: Bethany

Mike: North Haven

November: AMR Valley/Bridgeport

Papa: Hunter's

Quebec: East Haven

Romeo: SHARP Team

Sierra: Yale Student EMS

Whiskey: Wallingford

X-ray: Madison

Yankee: Guilford

I'm sure I might of missed someone, but that covers most of the New Haven area at least.

Are these names C-Med names? I'm from Litchfield county, and have never heard any sort of letter designation, just number designation. For example, I know New Milford VAC is "96-1" for unit one.

Northwest C-MED uses the municipality codes instead of the phonetic alphabet. New Haven area uses the alphabet (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc) setup.

Brookfield: 018

New Fairfield: 091

New Milford: 096

Danbury: 034

So New Fairfield's Ambulances are 91-1 (Yeah, I know, 911 is our identifier...) and 91-2, the Paramedic flycar is 91-A-1 (91-Alpha-1) on the C-MED radio.

Edited by SageVigiles

Ah, yeah, that's what I figured, meant to write that it was the C-MED that they use in that area, and that our C-MED uses numbers. Thanks for the clarification.

when we go to a hartford county hospital (hartford, childrens, bristol) and use C-Med we use "Mike" 1 or 2 pending what ambulance were in.

our ambualnces are 66-1 and 66-2

The way South Central CMED's ID's are structured, the first number represents the level of care, the letter designates the agency, and the second number is a unique vehicle identifier.

1= Non-transport first responder

2= Transporting BLS ambulance

3/4= Rescue/Intermediate (no longer really used)

5= Transporting ALS ambulance

10= Physician

So as an example New Haven FD Engine 11 (BLS first response) would be 1-A-11; if AMR ambulance 20 is staffed by a paramedic, they would be 5-C-20.

So would SHARPS be 10-Romeo-1?

Yes, 10-Romeo-1 would be the SHARP team. The SHARP team is structured differently from other agencies in that the individual members are assigned a CMED ID number, rather than assigning it to a vehicle. Since SHARP team members may be responding in personal vehicles or onboard another agency's vehicle, this is an easier way of keeping track of who is responding.

I like the fact that Bridgeport AMR (there is not actual "valley" cars as they all come out of B-port.) is actually utilizing the November designation again. When I was still at C-MED New Haven we were trying to push it instead of B-AMR using the 71** desigations.

American Ambulance out of Norwich utilizes a uniques syste, Their cars are named like "Aries", "Jupiter", "Saturn", ect. New London County Ambulances use the "100" series. For example in Montville, each fire company has an ambulance so thier numbers would be Station M-1 has "100", M-2 = "200" ect. In the case if a station has more than one ambulance then its M100, M101, M102, ect.

When I was working C-MED New Haven, if say Durham was comming into the region, they would sign on as 14-4. 14 is the town code where as 4 is the Middlesex County / Valley Shore designation for an ambulance. The Northwest region uses the town code / car number system. Like the picture of Litchfield's new rig, thier Car 9 is C-MED 74-4 (if I remember correctly).

The Hartford area C-MED region also has a unique system as well. They use town code(or agency code) - level type - unit number. So say an AMR out of Hartford would be 300-Alpha-1 (agency number - ALS unit - Car 1).

I know back in the day there was a discussion about OEMS tring to make a uniform statewide numbering system but I don't know if they are still trying to persue that.

Medic 25 You guys covered the South Central system correctly. Back in the day FOX used to be Woodbridge until they disbanded thier ambulance service, Novembers were the old New England Ambulance Service out of Shelton, and Gulfs were both Milford Fire and Chamberlain Ambulance (now AMR). Also I thought the Serria designation is no longer being used again? It wasn't in use when I "left" again in 2007.

Medic 25 You guys covered the South Central system correctly. Back in the day FOX used to be Woodbridge until they disbanded thier ambulance service, Novembers were the old New England Ambulance Service out of Shelton, and Gulfs were both Milford Fire and Chamberlain Ambulance (now AMR). Also I thought the Serria designation is no longer being used again? It wasn't in use when I "left" again in 2007.

You don't hear Sierra on the air too often, but Yale Student EMS does sign on with CMED while doing athletic standbys (at least for varsity games; not sure about intramurals). I believe they generally utilize 1-Sierra-1.

Trumbull- 901 902 903 905

Easton- 851 852

Monroe- 951 952 953

Weston- 551 552?

Stratford- 801-807 or 808

Redding- R50 W50 G50

Wilton Medic 500

Bethel- A1 A2 A3

Eckyphats, I think they were asking for the CMED callsigns, not the department's numbers for their units.

Eckyphats, I think they were asking for the CMED callsigns, not the department's numbers for their units.

Yo,

Sage don't you ever go to class. You are supposed to be away at college ain't ya?

Sage, those are the SouthWest call sign number for the rigs. Listen to Med 9 when you skip class! :P