Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bronxfireradio

False Alarm Deterrent

8 posts in this topic

Wonder why this never caught on??

failbox.jpg

courtesy failblog.org

That is interesting. Doesn't some pull station's in schools and other high traffic public places release a dye on the persons hand who pulled it? I heard it but have never seen it, would be a great thing to have though.

When I was in school they had like an ink pad on it, I guess for finger prints. When I was in Munich they showed myself and a fellow fireman the pull boxes from the street. Basically you put your hand down in to this cylinder and pull on the handle, when you do, your hand is stuck in it! Ill attach a picture. The pics are before and after you activate. Now if only the Brother's back in the 70's had these!

post-5627-1239039433.jpg

post-5627-1239039480.jpg

I was thinking they didn't catch onbecause some bleeding heart liberal lawyers would sue the city because little johnnie while pulling a false alarm would injure his hand in there....................... ;)

I know at my old high school they have a big plastic case wired with an alarm over all the pull boxes, and it emits a high pitched noise thats kinda hard to miss. Once they installed those, our BS alarms were cut in half

I remember the old Gamewell boxes around Croton pretty well. The ones that were maintained had a UV gel that even if you washed your hands turned up underneath an Ultraviolet light. I recall my Dad's original Chief's Car having a "purple flashlight" so they could find the pranksters.

Had the same thing in Port Chester in the 70". Used mostly at the High School . ;)