Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RES20CUE

Catskill FireCats Muster

28 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard any news on the Catskill FireCats Muster for 2009?

The muster is June 6 from 9 AM to 4 PM at the same location (2618 Route 302 Middletown, NY 10941)

Flyers and registration forms are at the printer, and should be available in a week or so. More info will be posted once they are in hand.

Thanks for asking. :)

The 33rd Annual Antique Fire Apparatus and Muster, presented by the Catskill Fire-Cats (Catskill Chapter, SPAAMFAA) will take place on Saturday June 6, 2009 from 9 AM to 4 PM, rain or shine. Location will once again be the grounds surrounding Andrew Leider's warehouse, which is located at 2618 Route 302, Middletown, NY 10941. This site is located approx. 1/4 mile south of NYS Route 17 at exit 119.

Numerous antique and classic fire trucks will be on display, including a portion of the over 240 piece collection that is housed at the site. All fire apparatus are welcome to attend, however only those 1984 or older are eligible to be judged for show awards.

In addition, there will be firemanic team competitions (hose rolling, bucket brigade, midnight alarm and a tug of war), a firemanic flea market, 50/50s, raffles and more. Food, refreshments and T-shirts will be available.

To request registration info, send me a PM through the board, or call muster chairman Bob Reynolds at (845) 343-4746. The forms can also be downloaded (PDF file) from our new website at http://www.catskillfire-cats.com

We hope you will consider joining us. Bring a truck, a team, or just yourself. It should be a good time!

Wow that open cab FWD, sweet, hope it is there to see in person. Can't wait for this event, it will be my first one. :P

Trying to get the day off from work. I went to the first Muster they held, and it was great.

Thanks for adding the flyer, Brett. Much appreciated! I don't have any way to shrink it down on this 'puter, or I would have.

Mark, yes the FWD "lives" there, and will be present. I believe it is also going to be on the dash plaque as well.

Thanks for adding the flyer, Brett. Much appreciated! I don't have any way to shrink it down on this 'puter, or I would have.

Mark, yes the FWD "lives" there, and will be present. I believe it is also going to be on the dash plaque as well.

Excellent Andy, can't wait.

As per a "majority vote" at our most recent meeting, there will now also be a car show being held on the property, in conjunction with the muster.

As per a "majority vote" at our most recent meeting, there will now also be a car show being held on the property, in conjunction with the muster.

How is your FWD comming along We are trying to figure out how to get our 1955 ALF ladder over there for the show

The show is a week away.

As of this past Thursday's meeting, the number of advance registrations that have been received is "not very encouraging". Not beyond the realm of possibility that the car show may outdraw the Main Event in terms of participation. Hope THAT doesn't happen!!! There were also some questions raised between members as to how many mailings actually went out, as there seems to be a nice supply of them still sitting around, but I digress......

In any case, I would like to say that any fire company/department who wishes to participate, with either a truck, a team, or both, is more than welcome to do so. As are privately owned rigs. Register upon arrival.

We are hopeful for good weather and a better turnout for the Muster itself, to combine for a successful event.

The show is a week away.

As of this past Thursday's meeting, the number of advance registrations that have been received is "not very encouraging". Not beyond the realm of possibility that the car show may outdraw the Main Event in terms of participation. Hope THAT doesn't happen!!! There were also some questions raised between members as to how many mailings actually went out, as there seems to be a nice supply of them still sitting around, but I digress......

In any case, I would like to say that any fire company/department who wishes to participate, with either a truck, a team, or both, is more than welcome to do so. As are privately owned rigs. Register upon arrival.

We are hopeful for good weather and a better turnout for the Muster itself, to combine for a successful event.

regretfully MAHOPAC will be unable to attend we have prior comittments sorry LOOKING FOWARD TO NEXT YEAR

This Saturday June 6, 9am to 4pm DON'T MISS IT if you old fire engines! :rolleyes:

The weather forecasts I'm hearing so far sound pretty good. Hopefully we get a nice chunk of "walk-up" business, and have a good show.

T-minus 21 hours (give or take a few min.) and counting..... :D

T-minus 21 hours (give or take a few min.) and counting..... :D

Both AndyC3J and myself PCFD ENG58 will be there, stop by and say hello maybe a tour inside for bravo members, when we are not at a table. :rolleyes:

Just got back from "Muster Central". We have a grand total of 7 trucks and 2 teams pre-registered. Good Lord, I hope that number at very least doubles.....if not triples....tomorrow morning.

All you FWD fans are not gonna want to miss what Mr. Leider is bringing up tomorrow, from what I hear. ;)

Just found out I got the day off. I will most likely get there around 12:30, probably will wear my Patterson FD polo shirt. Looking forward to tomorrow

Port Chester Post 700 will be there with me with a team and a hose cart.

No pictures up yet?????

I got there late, about 1:30 pm, and could only stay for a short bit. I will post some of my photos shortly in the a new thread in the Photo's section. I was in such a rush that I did not get a chance to record many details i.e. year, oumo size, tank size, etc. just the photos.

Thank you to all who attended. We had a much better turnout than I thought we would have. Even though, for the second time in three years, the lone team that showed (this time, the Port Chester Explorer post) had to split in two and face each other to put on a show for the people in attendance.

Hopefully, next year's event will be even better, on all accounts. We shall see how things go.

Both AndyC3J and myself PCFD ENG58 will be there, stop by and say hello maybe a tour inside for bravo members, when we are not at a table. :rolleyes:

PCFD ENG58 - Thanks for the inside tour - what a collection!!!!

I also want to thank PCFD ENG58 for the great tour. I was like a kid in a toy store. I was in heaven.

Thanks

Yep, that's what it was from. Hopefully the local "rag" follows suit either tomorrow, or one of the next few Mondays. Saw the gal who does the "Rides" section lurking about for quite some time.

I also want to thank PCFD ENG58 for the great tour. I was like a kid in a toy store. I was in heaven.

Thanks

It was great taken you guys around and not one dumb question!!! I reguard both of you to be the cream of the crop when it comes to rig photos and firefighter/officer knowledge.