Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NYRangers30

Chiefs Being Asked to Landline?

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why chiefs are being asked to landline 60 Control. So far i have herd Irvington, Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, croton and Dobs Ferry.

Does anyone know why cheifs are being asked to landline 60 Control. So far i have herd Irvington, Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, croton and Dobs Ferry.

Because they do not want people with scaners to know what is going on.

Because they do not want people with scaners to know what is going on.

thanks for the wise response but the last time i herd something like this departments were being asked to respond to the kingston area for the large brush fire they had last year

I believe its a boat in distress on the Hudson. Just heard the VA get dispatched for it.

I believe its a boat in distress on the Hudson. Just heard the VA get dispatched for it.

thanks for your help

thanks for the wise response but the last time i herd something like this departments were being asked to respond to the kingston area for the large brush fire they had last year

I think that was a pretty wise response. If they were asking the Chief's for a response to something members would have been notified in short order. Some things are not meant to be simply put over the air and there are plenty of chiefs out there that could learn from their requests to have them landline to use their often municipal or district funded cell phones to handle non emergent business instead of their radios.

Top notch reporting by the Journal News. The Croton-on-Hudson and VA Montrose FD Marine units were also in the water checking.

Units from Dobbs Ferry, Irvington, Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Croton and the VA Montrose checked along the shore with negative findings. Our Marine 12 checked from the southern side of Croton Point north into the area south of Montrose, and the VAFD checked from George's Island north with no findings.

I think that was a pretty wise response. If they were asking the Chief's for a response to something members would have been notified in short order. Some things are not meant to be simply put over the air and there are plenty of chiefs out there that could learn from their requests to have them landline to use their often municipal or district funded cell phones to handle non emergent business instead of their radios.

I believe his question was takin outta context. All NYRangers wanted to know was what was going on, not what the reasoning behind the word "landline" is.

I believe his question was takin outta context. All NYRangers wanted to know was what was going on, not what the reasoning behind the word "landline" is.

that is exactly what i was getting at, thank you!

I thought it just meant they didn't want them to "Sealine" because the wind on the water would cause the phone conversation to be difficult so they wanted them to "landline" instead...

Is that like getting a foot of shore line and some relative bearing grease??

All kidding aside, I was talking to the boss at 60 this afternoon, about two hours after this false Mayday came in. Easier for the Coasties to give it to the locals when their nearest assets are a good hour away.

Then I don't know why you would quote my post. I know exactly what his post was about and I didn't take it out of context. That was my point...if they wanted everyone to know they would have put it over the air.