Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Dover Garage Fire: 4/12/09

24 posts in this topic

Dover Station #1 and #2 were dispatched for a garage fire on Summer Street in the Station #1 area. The JHK brothers made another quick knock down under the direction of Chief Aaron Sherer. I got to the scene after overhaul.

post-16297-1239581303.jpg

post-16297-1239581315.jpg

post-16297-1239581324.jpg

post-16297-1239581331.jpg

post-16297-1239581337.jpg

post-16297-1239581344.jpg

post-16297-1239581350.jpg

Looks like they had a fire. Great stop boys and girls from Dover. Probally could have been alot worse.

Thomas

JHK Captain Aubry, Firefighters Brevi and Busa and Lieut. Tompkins

post-16297-1239581747.jpg

36-45

post-16297-1239581753.jpg

JHK members, 36-13 in back ground

post-16297-1239581761.jpg

36-45 Operator Phil Race and Firefighter Busa

post-16297-1239581772.jpg

36-45

post-16297-1239581780.jpg

JHK Firefighter Corrow

post-16297-1239581792.jpg

Nice pics thanks for sharing

Nice pics thanks for sharing

Yeah...poor Joe took the call - can you get a point for that Dep?

Oh...and I think it goes without saying that Busa rocks. ;)

Yeah...poor Joe took the call - can you get a point for that Dep?

Oh...and I think it goes without saying that Busa rocks. ;)

He was soaked, he's a special one! I was at the Wassaic firehouse doing BFIR's and figured I better hang there in case 31 was needed, I finally went when I heard Station #2 equipment routed to Station #1.

Looks like they had a fire. Great stop boys and girls from Dover. Probally could have been alot worse.

Thomas

Yes it was, looking at the pics you can see gas cans, propane tanks and other flammable products in and around the building, two motorcycles were also removed successfully from inside as well.

Nice shots and Dover has two firehouses?

Correct.

Dover Station 1 in Dover Plains, home of 36-13, 11, 61, 69, 71, and the legendary 36 Truck, 36-45, which is THE BUSIEST ladder company in Dover. ;)

Dover Station 2 in Wingdale, home of 3612, 14, 62, 72

Correct.

Dover Station 1 in Dover Plains, home of 36-13, 11, 61, 69, 71, and the legendary 36 Truck, 36-45, which is THE BUSIEST ladder company in Dover. ;)

Thanks,I didn't knoe you guys had that many rigs

Correct.

Was the "famous" 36 truck first due to this garage fire?

FYI...so I dont get beat up here - the "legendary", "famous", "busiest"....thats all ball busting obviously...QTIP

FYI...so I dont get beat up here - the "legendary", "famous", "busiest"....thats all ball busting obviously...QTIP

LOL i hope everyone would know that, hey its the busiest and first due truck in Union Vale too :lol:, but is the truck first due out of Station 1 or is 13 or 11 Dan??

Edited by 67-13

LOL i hope everyone would know that, hey its the busiest and first due truck in Union Vale too :lol:, but is the truck first due out of Station 1 or is 13 or 11 Dan??

45 if supposed to be first due, as it was yesterday. BUT, if a driver arrives for 13 first (that is not qualified on 45), it wont wait obviously.

I live maybe 3 minutes from the firehouse, and have YET TO MAKE A RIG.....They get out fast, and routinely.

45 if supposed to be first due, as it was yesterday. BUT, if a driver arrives for 13 first (that is not qualified on 45), it wont wait obviously.

I live maybe 3 minutes from the firehouse, and have YET TO MAKE A RIG.....They get out fast, and routinely.

Thanks for the info, never really was a big fan of running the truck first out the door. I guess its because im an engine kinda guy lol.

Thanks for the info, never really was a big fan of running the truck first out the door. I guess its because im an engine kinda guy lol.

When did 67-45 go into service?

When did 67-45 go into service?

Lol its in service, it sits at dover sta. 1. It was first on scene to our garage fire on chestnut ridge over the winter if im not mistaking. UVFD Loves 36 Truck.

Edited by 67-13

thats because its a quint best of both world for our teritory

thats because its a quint best of both world for our teritory

Bahhhhhhhhhhhh...........................

Never send a quint to due a Tower Ladder's job! :P

Bahhhhhhhhhhhh...........................

Never send a quint to due a Tower Ladder's job! :P

It works like UVFD's Garage Fire first on scene and it got the job done quick. lol that was after my first live burn day for FF1, I am a Truckie at heart but that day I was a nozzleman. Dan thats why dova's Truck Works so well we have multi function FF's as well as a multifunction Truck k!

Hey and Mark I guess I did learn somthing at Dave Walsh's class on the changing fire service I didn't make any pics this time.

Edited by Atv300

It works like UVFD's Garage Fire first on scene and it got the job done quick. lol that was after my first live burn day for FF1, I am a Truckie at heart but that day I was a nozzleman. Dan thats why dova's Truck Works so well we have multi function FF's as well as a multifunction Truck k!

Hey and Mark I guess I did learn somthing at Dave Walsh's class on the changing fire service I didn't make any pics this time.

See you can always learn something, you were there????? :rolleyes:

See you can always learn something, you were there????? :rolleyes:

You were pobably there when i left on 13 to go check out an electrical socket smoking around the corner or somthing. But yes i was there inside working with the famous Busa.

Ryan look out now I just got my new Canon XSI camera, pictures should get better.

Ryan look out now I just got my new Canon XSI camera, pictures should get better.

Nice I hope I make a few here and there.