Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Mount Vernon Firefighters Rescue Burning Kittens

8 posts in this topic

What a HORRIBLE act....I hope whoever did this has the same done to him or her. Anyways, KUDOS to MVFD- even though it's a horrible incident, it is good to see the compassion of MVFD FF's highlighted in The Journal News for once.

4 kittens, set ablaze, rescued by firefighters

By Aman Ali

aali@LoHud.com • April 14, 2009

MOUNT VERNON - Four kittens were set on fire and left to die in an apartment over the weekend before officials arrived on the scene to rescue them.

FULL STORY: http://www.lohud.com/article/2009904140354

SICK SICK SICK!! I would take them in if they needed a home.

As awful as this is (and it IS AWFUL!) imagine what would of happened if the fire got worst. What if the firefighters got hurt or killed responding there or putting out the fire? I hope the person(s) involved get charged with arson, animal cruelty and anything else that could apply considering they lit a fire in a multi-family dwelling.

Hopefully they investigate this until an arrest is made. The correlations between animal cruelty as a precursor to violence against humans is well established and this level of inhuman behavior is a harbinger of bad things to come!!!

I saw this on CBS the other day, how low can a human go. We adopted a kitten last year that was burned from one tip of his left ear to the tip of the right ear and the entire back on his head, he was dropped at the vets door step (thankfully), my wife found him when he came in for work that morning, he was nursed back to health and once the burns covered we brought the little guy home.

Here he is, not a great shot but you can see that his left ear is partially gone.

post-16297-1239887519.jpg

I hope the person(s) are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.

as a kid I had a cat , one night someone thought it was be "fun" to tie a firework to his back legs and light it, he turned up with serious burns and we couldn't get him to come into the house he went missing the next morning and I never found out what happned to him- i can see why your ASPCA guys are all tooled up

There are some sick, horrible people in this world.

There are some sick, horrible people in this world.

You got that right