Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tapout

1 less news copter in the air

11 posts in this topic

The page has been moved or deleted. Do you know if it is going to be called Chopper 54??? LOLOL

Thomas

The page has been moved or deleted. Do you know if it is going to be called Chopper 54??? LOLOL

Thomas

Hilarious!! The article went on to say channels 2 and 11 are considering doing the same, just to further confuse us all.

Chopper 2-11 to chopper 4-5... are you in the vicinity?

Chopper 4-5: I have no idea! Which one am I, again?! Dangit! LOL

From the NY Daily News website...

WNBC/Ch. 4 and WNYW/Ch. 5 have combined forces in the air through a new, official helicopter sharing agreement that means the end of Chopper 4 as viewers knew it.

Ch. 4, the first station in the market to have a dedicated helicopter for its coverage, is now sharing footage, a chopper and staff with Ch. 5.

It's part of a cost-cutting move by both stations in a market where every station has been battered by declining advertising revenues.

"This a strategic, smart example of how you can take a valuable resource and everybody wins," said an NBC Local Media spokeswoman. "This is part a local news arrangement that is working very well."

Read more: <a href="http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/05/01/2009-05-01_wnbcchannel_4_grounds_news_helicopter_over_economic_concernsby_richard_huff.h

l#ixzz0EHeYbjIk&B" target="_blank">http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/05/01/2009-05-01_wnbcchannel_4_grounds_news_helicopter_over_economic_concernsby_richard_huff.h

ml#ixzz0EHeYbjIk&B</a>

Or will they switch one day Chopper 4 he next Chopper 5??? Chopper 211 or 112, just doesnt flow. Well I guess even the News is staying on the ground. We should set up an EMTBravo Chopper.

Thomas

We should set up an EMTBravo Chopper.

Thomas

I thought we had one, Chris192 flies it

Edited by EJS1810

Channel 5 and Channel 9 have been sharing news footage for a while as well. Will the aerial/chopper footage now be strewn across three channels?

Psssst. Hey! Wanna buy a helicopter? I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy... I can hook you up with one CHEAP...

So, Chris192, any chance of increasing the size of the EMTBravo/County PD fleet by ONE???

"It's part of a cost-cutting move by both stations in a market where every station has been battered by declining advertising revenues."

"This a strategic, smart example of how you can take a valuable resource and everybody wins," said an NBC Local Media spokeswoman. "This is part a local news arrangement that is working very well."

So for profit competitors and rivals can "consolidate" and the world has not come to a grinding halt. Now lets look at the different PD's or FD's that could never consolidate with our mutual aid partners because it would never work.

Capt. Nechis, have you been reading my mind again!?!? lol

The same thing's happened here in San Diego and over in Phoenix....

"It's part of a cost-cutting move by both stations in a market where every station has been battered by declining advertising revenues."

So for profit competitors and rivals can "consolidate" and the world has not come to a grinding halt. Now lets look at the different PD's or FD's that could never consolidate with our mutual aid partners because it would never work.

Barry, Barry, Barry.... It's the same old story here in Westchester... Consolidation is a GREAT idea..... it will save money... better the departments... UNLESS.... it happens in my jurisdiction. This is just another reason/example why government should follow the business model in some cases. The biggest of enemies consolidate to... in this case.... reduce spending. In the case of the governement the result would be.... reduced taxes or increased service. But alas, with all this info out there... we continue to beat our heads into the wall.