Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

You Think Your Chiefs Car Is Visible?

9 posts in this topic

I thought the visibility on this Chief's vehicle of this volunteer/"retained" FD in Ireland was cool.......

Co. Kerry, Ireland Fire & Rescue Service

Incident Command Vehicle

post-11-1241473866.jpg

I have always been impressed with the steps that some of the countries overseas have gone to, to improve visibility, and not always just worried about aesthetics.

Not necessarily saying I like the LOOK of it, but functionality is key, and if it works, hey, why not??

the underlying truck is kinda interesting too. Mitsubishi maybe from the grille?

the underlying truck is kinda interesting too. Mitsubishi maybe from the grille?

Yea thats a Mistu L200 pickup

Great photo Seth. I read somewhere that the "checkerboard" visibility stripe has a formal name...I just forgot what it was. Thanks for sharing.

-Joe DA BUFF

I have always been impressed with the steps that some of the countries overseas have gone to, to improve visibility, and not always just worried about aesthetics.

Not necessarily saying I like the LOOK of it, but functionality is key, and if it works, hey, why not??

They are very progressive mainly because of the laws that require emergency services to be "high visablity". My godmother lives in County Meath, Ireland and she sees them all of the time, easily to pick out. But of course the way their towns and villages are you need to be highly visible, let alone with the weather there (aka gloomy).

Great photo Seth. I read somewhere that the "checkerboard" visibility stripe has a formal name...I just forgot what it was. Thanks for sharing.

-Joe DA BUFF

'Battenburg markings' is the term you're looking for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battenburg_markings

(as in 'Battenburg cake'). I've seen quite a few rigs with this pattern in Scotland.

'Battenburg markings' is the term you're looking for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battenburg_markings

(as in 'Battenburg cake'). I've seen quite a few rigs with this pattern in Scotland.

It's interesting how different color combinations signify different agency/divisions. A pretty good idea really

Nice seatcovers, too.

Is that gonna be the next latest rage over here?

Maybe win the best new product at the Chiefs Show?