Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FiftyOnePride

Structure Fire - Pine Plains - 5/11/09

30 posts in this topic

Here are the few pictures I have, when I arrived I went right to work with a few guys from Millerton and Amenia, so these are after action.

I know there are more out there and I am in the process of obtaining them - to post on here obviously as soon as possible.

The front view of the house:

0511091627.jpg

And the back:

0511091628.jpg

All things considered - looks like a good save no?

All things considered - looks like a good save no?

with the amount of fire load coming from the garage it was an excellent save by all that were there great job guys !!!

Great stop boys and girls.

Thomas

I stayed in the district with an engine as all of Batt. 4 was operating, nice work and thanks Josh for sharing.

Anyone one that was listening to the call you obviously heard the Batt. 4 tones go out for manpower, this is something that was just started and was the first time used, It was done pretty early and from what I was told there was plenty of help on scene as a result of this new plan. Kudos to CC-14, CC-1 and the Chief's of Batt. 4 for the forward thinking and putting this into place.

I stayed in the district with an engine as all of Batt. 4 was operating, nice work and thanks Josh for sharing.

What is that Zone 4 Firefighters??? It was the first time I have heard that.

Thomas

Anyone one that was listening to the call you obviously heard the Batt. 4 tones go out for manpower, this is something that was just started and was the first time used, It was done pretty early and from what I was told there was plenty of help on scene as a result of this new plan. Kudos to CC-14, CC-1 and the Chief's of Batt. 4 for the forward thinking and putting this into place.

I heard that - it is INGENIUS!

What is that Zone 4 Firefighters??? It was the first time I have heard that.

Thomas

Zone 4 is made up of Pine Plains, Stanford, Amenia, Millerton and Wassaic, so they banged out all of the tones and got manpower from all.

It was a great stop, limited extension in the residence itself. The car that you can see in the front shot was merely scorched. We had a good amount of manpower by the time it was all done, units and FF'ers from a good portion of the county were there.

It was a great stop, limited extension in the residence itself. The car that you can see in the front shot was merely scorched. We had a good amount of manpower by the time it was all done, units and FF'ers from a good portion of the county were there.

Dept's dispatched or freelancers?

Dept's dispatched or freelancers?

All dispatched departments, I don't remember seeing anyone other than members from Battalion 4, and East Clinton and Milan, representing CC's and FID.

All dispatched departments, I don't remember seeing anyone other than members from Battalion 4, and East Clinton and Milan, representing CC's and FID.

Nice. I really like the Battalion Dispatch concept.

Nice. I really like the Battalion Dispatch concept.

Me too, unfotunatly with finals I haven't been around in the last week so I was unaware of the concept until its practical application, so I thought something big was on fire until I got there.

the concept of the batt. 4 tones was just implemented last week and this was the first test to see how it would work. I must say it worked very well, as we in batt.4 work together often.

From my end, our group's OIC was in charge or our accountability. I don't know if that was the system throughout, but that is how it worked for our group of 5.

Here are some shots by 51-L2, Chris Segelken's girlfriend. They were in Pine Box when they struck the Zone 4 tones, so these shots are pretty early on. They are only a few, but here they are..

CIMG0606.jpg

CIMG0609.jpg

CIMG0616.jpg

CIMG0657.jpg

Rehabbing.

I see Wassaic's Capt and Lieut. headed up the driveway.

Ahhhhhh................NOW I know where the house is - the light gave it away!

Looks like a nice job by all involved and limited damage to the residential portion of the house I hear... Great stop and nice job using the Battallion 4 tones concept...

Maybe this is a concept that should be implemented elsewhere in this county, we are all suffering from lack of manpower...

And, Mark the fact that you mention you stayed back to man an engine shows the good discipline that is also needed to still protect all others while the firefight is going on...

Great job everyone...

And, Mark the fact that you mention you stayed back to man an engine shows the good discipline that is also needed to still protect all others while the firefight is going on...

Chief just doing it the way I was taught, not enough of this is done, to many times I have heard "we can't worry about what MIGHT happen when this is happening now.

I really can't argue the point when the the request is for manpower, my problem is when one piece, let's say a tanker is requested and four officers and 5 members go with it. Send an officer and a crew, if the IC wants manpower they should ask for it, bottom line it's all about accountability

I was thinking last night about the cross training and how important this is with the M/A depts., Different air packs is one that comes to mind, we had rsponders go to the scene and we had no equipment there which makes it so important to know how and become familar with the other houses equipment. As X129 said after the Millbrook fire, being a former member there he knew where the equipment was stowed and he was able to get to work much quicker. It was mentioned by 67-1 that he drove one of Lagrange's tanker recently, well here he is, picture from the UVFD website.

post-16297-1242567396.jpg

Thats Dave's excuse of a leather lid..............LOL.

Chief just doing it the way I was taught, not enough of this is done, to many times I have heard "we can't worry about what MIGHT happen when this is happening now.

I really can't argue the point when the the request is for manpower, my problem is when one piece, let's say a tanker is requested and four officers and 5 members go with it. Send an officer and a crew, if the IC wants manpower they should ask for it, bottom line it's all about accountability

I was thinking last night about the cross training and how important this is with the M/A depts., Different air packs is one that comes to mind, we had rsponders go to the scene and we had no equipment there which makes it so important to know how and become familar with the other houses equipment. As X129 said after the Millbrook fire, being a former member there he knew where the equipment was stowed and he was able to get to work much quicker. It was mentioned by 67-1 that he drove one of Lagrange's tanker recently, well here he is, picture from the UVFD website.

post-16297-1242567396.jpg

but that truck is not yellow just kidding Dave!!!! nice pics thanks for sharing

Josh here are the ones you sent me:

post-16297-1242611561.jpg

post-16297-1242611573.jpg

post-16297-1242611580.jpg

post-16297-1242611586.jpg

post-16297-1242611593.jpg

post-16297-1242611599.jpg

post-16297-1242611606.jpg

post-16297-1242611615.jpg

And EMTBRAVO's own fiftyonepride himself

post-16297-1242611626.jpg

Thats Dave's excuse of a leather lid..............LOL.

LOL, That's right, you've heard of the New Yorker, well....mine is the Pennsyltuckian!! B)

I spy a very experienced Jake on the roof....he lurks often on the TSP... :D

How long into the fire did it take to open the garage doors?

Half an hour? that was the first thing I was involved with, with my crew, I'm not sure how long we were into the incident previous to that. The back side of the structure had burned through already, and once the major fire was knocked down and it was time to find the pockets of fire - the garage door was removed.

Edited by FiftyOnePride