Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CG206

NYC St Patrick's Day Parade

9 posts in this topic

Last year I noticied that a group of FF's from Westchester marched in the St Patty's Day Parade in NYC. Is this open to everyone or just specific depts in the county?

Anyone can and does march in the city parade. But if you a better time, go to the Boston parade. The bagpipe band I play with went up there last year and it was an uunbelievable time, I won't go back to the city after going there. I also think there are more city fireman in Boston than in NYC. That is due to all of the B.S. they are going through.

DMcCabe

go to nyc parade. u live here go to the parade here not boston. nyc is the best

Before you knock boston why dont your try it. I have done NYC for many years. Last year we decided to do Boston, and it was a great time. And also, there are more NYC fireman that do that parade than there own parade, so maybe that will tell you something.

YOU ARE SUPOSED TO HAVE AN INVITATION TO MARCH IN NYC.

SOME PEOPLE JUST SHOW UP AND MARCH.

go to nyc parade.  u live here go to the parade here not boston.  nyc is the best

Obviously, you've never been to Boston's Parade, or you would think otherwise. Boston is an extremly Irish city, much more nowadays than NYC IMO, and is a good time. Lots of other stuff to do besides the parade. There is also usually quite a large contigent of Boston FD trucks and other fire apparatus in the parade.

Just because you live in NY, doesn't mean you are obligated to go to the NY parade.

The Westchester Co. Emerald Soc. usually marches in the NYC parade.

okay i will try the boston parade then just for u seth. if u say it is good then i will try it.

No invitation needed in Boston. Guys meet at Florian Hall which is in the Dorchester area of the city, and there are busses to bring the guys over to South Boston.