Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Croton FD Water Rescue Training

7 posts in this topic

Eighteen of Croton Fire Department's members participated in the Water Rescue Technician course given by Life Saving Resources Inc. yesterday. We began with a classroom session at our Station #2 then spent the afternoon in the Hudson River at Croton Point. Our appreciation is extended to Gerald Dworkin of LSR and to the guys from Westchester County Parks for allowing us the use of Croton Point. My personal appreciation is extended to my 17 members that gave up a Saturday on Memorial Day weekend to continue their efforts at further improving our department.

Full story and photos here.

A couple of photos...

post-34-1243192419.jpg

post-34-1243192455.jpg

post-34-1243192492.jpg

See any Stripers out there?

See any Stripers out there?

There was one girl who was on the beach and....oh wait, stripers....never mind....

My personal appreciation is extended to my 17 members that gave up a Saturday on Memorial Day weekend to continue their efforts at further improving our department.

The members of Croton FD's dedication is admirable. And your leadership that I've watched you foster over the years, John, is a big part of that. Kudos!

Chief thanks for sharing, it's great to see such a proactive dept that seems to train endlessly, it is refreshing to see.

The members of Croton FD's dedication is admirable. And your leadership that I've watched you foster over the years, John, is a big part of that. Kudos!

I just noticed these kind words. Thanks Seth! The truth is, the members are what make us a great department. The guys and girls that I am lucky enough to lead never seem to tire in their efforts to provide our community with the best possible protection we can offer. Everyone wants to be able to help whenever we're called for whatever it is we're faced with and because of this, there's always some kind of training going on. We're not a very busy FD, doing about 300 - 320 calls a year, so we need to keep up on our basics while expanding on our specialties. If anyone is having a drill or wants to drill with us, just let me know, we'd love to learn with you!

we'd love to learn with you!

wow, I think I am going to be sick....