Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JM15

New Delivery: Somers Ladder 48

36 posts in this topic

Congrats to Somers FD on this delivery, i wish you all the best of luck with it!

I happen to like Sutphen quints and this one is no exception. I think it will be a great addition to the SFD and serve the area quite well. As stated, Somers has a large, diversified district and adding a 2nd ladder was a good move IMO.

Soo, Ed, when can i come back to dispatch ;) ?

Remember585, what do ya say bro, we go back per-diem lol?

Kidding aside, best of luck with the new piece

Beautiful Vehicle looks to be well planned! Good luck with it!

This is a LADDER. It is not replacing any Engine! Engine 186 will be sold in the near future, and a new Engine has been ordered. Somers needs to have 5 Engines and 2 Ladders to properly cover the populated areas of the District.

Ladder 48 will not be in service for a while, yet. We still need to qualify driver/operators, purchase some equipment and mount the equipment.

It will eventually be housed in Somers Fire House, once the doors are raised, in the next few weeks.

Who is building the new engine that was ordered and when is it due? Thanks for the heads up!

Sutphen won the bid for the new engine. It should be delivered in the first half of 2010.

Now, that's a handsome truck!!!! May it give you years of great service!!! I think it would be great as mutual aid should, God Forbid we ever get anything major at Waterview or Salem Hills.