Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Bee Line's New 200 Series Buses (Spy Shots)

20 posts in this topic

Special thanks to dadbo46 for the photos and info!!

This is the pilot bus of Bee Line's new 200 series, Bus #205. It is on of 95 ordered, all 40' L/F NABI hybrids. 5 are currently in production. There are options for 12 and 30 footers in the near future.

This bus will be on the street of Westchester towards the end of June. First, it must be DOTed, inspected, serviced and mechanics and drivers must get trained.

A few exterior decals are missing. jjpinto will have the glamour shot soon.

NABI is a bus manufacturer located in Aniston, Alabama.

Thanks again, dadbo46!!

post-11-1243203266.jpg

Another shot, I must say these buses look awesome!!

post-11-1243204153.jpg

Those headlights look tiny!

Can't wait to see these monsters joining their counterparts trying to fit - where they barely do now - on the streets of our little Village.

They are tiny. We have some NABI buses down here with similar headlights. It's weird...they are bright, but at the same time they don't blind you when it passes you in the opposite direction. It's also very visible during daylight hours.

post-11-1243205720.jpg

Can't wait to see these monsters joining their counterparts trying to fit - where they barely do now - on the streets of our little Village.

Same length (40'), same width (8 1/2') as our standard buses are now. A bit taller (11'5") due to the batteries on the roof.

We'll get them thru the streets with no problems.

I think MTA Long Island Bus or NYC Transit is using new buses similar to this right?

are those buses going to be in service very soon are later in the year.

Edited by stixx

I think MTA Long Island Bus or NYC Transit is using new buses similar to this right?

NYC Transit has a bunch of the Orion VII L/F hybrids. Westchester bought 4 Orions in 2006 and has been testing them since. They worked out well. Hence, the 95 bus NABI order.

Bus #205 is the pilot bus with the production order coming down the line now. Buses will start to go into service this summer.

NYC Transit has a bunch of the Orion VII L/F hybrids. Westchester bought 4 Orions in 2006 and has been testing them since. They worked out well. Hence, the 95 bus NABI order.

Bus #205 is the pilot bus with the production order coming down the line now. Buses will start to go into service this summer.

what month do you think the buses well go in to service?

It says in the first post that they plan on having them in service at the end of June.

The first one will probably go into service during the later part of June.

Looks nice, I cannot wait to see the new buses driving around.

Yeah 205 looks pretty good. I think I'll be seeing a lot of these buses over the next few years. I'm a Bee-Line commuter.

Are the pix from Alabama or....Valhalla?

Are the pix from Alabama or....Valhalla?

The photo of #205 is from the final inspection visit at NABI's Alabama facility. It is the "prototype", and is currently at the Valhalla depot. Drivers and mechanics are undergoing training, and DOT certifications being completed. The bus is also recieving some "finishing touches".

The photo of #205 is from the final inspection visit at NABI's Alabama facility. It is the "prototype", and is currently at the Valhalla depot. Drivers and mechanics are undergoing training, and DOT certifications being completed. The bus is also recieving some "finishing touches".

Actually, it's in Yonkers. Took the boss for a ride today in it today. Pulled Executive Blvd. well.

16 buses now online in the factory. Summer/fall delivery.

theres 16 buses now online in the factory now how many nabi buses are in westchester right now.

14 have been delivered and 8 are in service as of yesterday.

14 have been delivered and 8 are in service as of yesterday.

And I saw some in person rolling around Southern Westchester yesterday....none stuck around long enough for a photo op....

Plus all the Motorolas Radio's are being installed to provide communications between the Operator and Radio Control at Liberty. This is temporary until the new Voice/Data/GPS System is online.

Saw #208 and #210 yesterday in Port Chester. The one that was parked would have made and excellent photo op if only I had my camera.