Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

The passing of Past Chief and Past Commissioner William H. "Bud" Pottenburgh

11 posts in this topic

IN LOVING MEMORY OF WILLIAM H "BUD" POTTENBURGH -- Posted by admin on Sunday, May 24 2009

It is with deep regret that we announce the passing of Past Chief and Past Commissioner William H. "Bud" Pottenburgh. Bud passed away early this morning around 3:25 am at Vassar Brothers Medical Center.

Bud joined the New Hackensack Fire Company back in 1964 and has been an unforgettable and influential member of this fire company since then. There isn't enough room here to discuss his many accomplishments as well as his influence around Dutchess County. You will be greatly missed Bud.

Services will be at Delehanty’s Funeral Home in Wappinger

Tuesday, May 26th

Calling Hours:

2:00pm – 4:00pm

6:00pm – 9:00pm: A firefighter service will be held at 8:00pm. Members are asked to car pool and be at the funeral home no later than 7:30pm. Meet at the firehouse and car pool.

Wednesday, May 27th

10:00 Funeral Services at the funeral home.

Burial will be in the Fishkill Rural Cemetery immediately after the funeral services.

:(

Rest in Peace Bud, you made a huge impact on the fire service of Dutchess County, condolences to the Pottenburgh and the members of New Hackensack FD.

RIP. My prayers go out to the Pottenburgh family

Rest in Peace Bud. Thank you for the many colorful discussions bout "the way it was" and "the old times" while I was a member there. You and your family are in my thoughts.

John

Rest in Peace, Sir. While I never knew him, I know he quite a gentleman, and an asset to the Dutchess County Emergency Services. May God's Perpetual Light Shine on Him. May God Grant his family the etdrbdth to get through this difficult time.

May William H. "Bud" Pottenburgh

Rest In Peace

To the Pottenburgh family and members of New Hackensack FD

I am sorry for your loss.

Bud was one of the sharpest guy's I ever new and had the pleasure of working with in the fire service ........ He was never one to do anything half-way...... He did things thoroughly and meticulously and paid very close attention to the details in anything he did..... He was proud of the Dutchess County Fire Service and was not only a Past Chief of the New Hackensack Fire Company, Past Commissioner and Past Chairman of the Board of the New Hackensack Fire District, but also served as the Dutchess County Fire Coordinator for many years his leadership paving the way to make the DC911 center what it is today...... My condolences to his wife Jean, daughter Patty, son Kyle (Who is a Dutchess County Deputy Fire Coordinator - CC-13), and his grandson Bill and Granddaughter Kate and the rest of the family....... They should be duly proud of him and the contributions that he has made to the fire service and community. We will all miss him........ Thanks Bud for a "Job well done".

RIP Bud! Duthcess County has lost a lot this week