Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turborich

Shandaken Ambulance 78-50

18 posts in this topic

2008 Dodge Durango ALS Fly Car

Purchased from Warnock Fleet (state bid)

Cabinetry by Woodchuck Cabinetry and Woodworking (Poughkeepsie, NY)

Lettering by The Graffix Shop (Cali.)

Electrical and lighting by "Da Shops (Poughkeepsie/ Phoenicia, NY) :lol:

Replaced a well worn 1998 Ford Exploder

DSC05081.jpg

DSC05040.jpg

DSC05087.jpg

DSC05086.jpg

DSC05091.jpg

Rich nice looking ride, of course I am partial to the white/blue, it would make a nice Wassaic Chief's car!!!!

Sweet looking ride Rich. What is that on the roof in front of the lightbar? looks like a mini solar panel

I am not a Dodge fan but WOW! Looks great, and looks like the gear placement was really well planned. Like the LP12 charger (right??). Let me know how that works on the battery, or does the rig get plugged in when parked. Anyways good luck, you guys needed it

Sweet looking ride Rich. What is that on the roof in front of the lightbar? looks like a mini solar panel

It's a Havis roof mounted spotlight which is controlled by the driver inside.. A lot easier to use than an in cab handheld spotlight.

IMG_1361.jpg

Like the LP12 charger (right??). Let me know how that works on the battery, or does the rig get plugged in when parked. Anyways good luck, you guys needed it

It's an LP12 bracket mounted on a swivel & slide out toolboard. The idea was to be able to have a spot to operate the monitor underneath the cover of the rear hatch (out of the rain/snow/crap) during MVAs/ fire standbys and rehab ops/ etc..

We do have a dual battery MBSS which is going on the back wall of the Driver's side cabinetry that works off of the shoreline and 12v system (ie. works while plugged into shoreline power then switches to 12v while vehicle is started)

Instant death to the first one to say "blue lightbar" BTW

Edited by Turborich

Rich nice looking ride, of course I am partial to the white/blue, it would make a nice Wassaic Chief's car!!!!

It was actually (relatively) cheap compared to most conversions.. I'm sure you could make a case to the commissioners

I think it would make an even nicer Shandaken Captain's car, but apparently the bean counters aren't too receptive to that idear.. :lol:

Oh well.. a couple more years in the Exploder won't kill me..

I have seen it a few times and looked in the widows while it has been parked in town. Very nice car. All of the time that was spent on it shows and I hope it serves you guys very well. Maybe we'll get to see it on a call in Woodstock some day?

New Paltz should be seeing a new 80-50 in the future, the old expedition is O.O.S , due to some one backing up the bus with out a spotter :rolleyes:

oh btw? is the other mobile radio low band radio?

Yep

It's a Havis roof mounted spotlight which is controlled by the driver inside.. A lot easier to use than an in cab handheld spotlight.

some one should tell Arlington to put one of those on the cab roofs of the buses ;)

Turbo,

Very proud of you. You have come a long way grasshopper. ;)

Turbo,

Very proud of you. You have come a long way grasshopper. ;)

Victor Z tought Chi Chi everything he knows! lol

Aww thanks Seth :lol:

Don- Vic only taught me the eye of the Jew... l'heighem!!!

Whats the little thing on top of the rear cabinet?

Whats the little thing on top of the rear cabinet?

That's a muffin fan which circulates air ducted through the drugbox and spare medication cabinets. A vent is seen at the bottom of the rear bottom drawer. That way if the A/C or heat is on the drug box cools/ heats.. as well as when it is under shoreline power. There is also a wireless thermometer mounted inside of the cabinet and readout in the cab so that the Paramedic assigned to the vehicle can make sure he/she keeps the temp. within the accepted parameters using the A/C / heater.

Edited by Turborich