Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hughsonville FD's New Boat

16 posts in this topic

Brookfield, CT's Candlewood Fire/Rescue has a similar style boat with a deck gun and pump. The bow folds down so an ATV or other equipment can be brought onboard. Sikorski Aircraft FD also has one, probably twice the size. Impressive boats.

Yea, there boat is docked right in front of my house

One drawback to that type of propulsion, no maneuverability unless you are moving. Those engines are like jet ski's. No propeller just forced water.

Didnt they already have a jet boat that they had for about a year?

i have seen them training on it and i must say it is nice! it does have good maneuverability.

Didnt they already have a jet boat that they had for about a year?

Your right....it has been up on that website for a while now. At least nine months to a year.

One drawback to that type of propulsion, no maneuverability unless you are moving. Those engines are like jet ski's. No propeller just forced water.

I think you meant to say no maneuverability unless you are under power. I am pretty sure they, as most hudson river depts are accustomed to is shallow water operations and this boat has very little draft.

Here is a picture I just took from my bedroom window

post-3712-1243548965.jpg

Thats not the boat I was talking about. I thought they had one of those jetski boats that looked like two jet skis side by side with a platform in the middle. I remember seeing it on their website and in their lot and within a year it was gone. The boat they have now is real nice, my only question is, is Chelsea going to have access to this boat as well considering it is alot closer to them and is docked in their district?

plenty of maneuverability. The impeller is able to draw in water to be forced out the jets allowing for near standstill turning.

Their last boat was the same as this one, almost identical. It was for sale on SVI's website for quite some time. I heard through the grapevine that the previous boat was purchased not knowing it was a demo unit, and they had problems with it. They also have 2 Achillies inflatable boats.

Thats not the boat I was talking about. I thought they had one of those jetski boats that looked like two jet skis side by side with a platform in the middle. I remember seeing it on their website and in their lot and within a year it was gone. The boat they have now is real nice, my only question is, is Chelsea going to have access to this boat as well considering it is alot closer to them and is docked in their district?

you are thinking of Garrison fire dept. there boat was on a call with Hughsonville about 2 - 3 years ago in cold spring and HFD does have 2 other boats. but dont look anything like jetskis

So now they got a boat in the water, and a yacht on land!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Here is a comment off the thread. When will they update their web-site. Appears they haven't updated in some time.

JetPhoto, who's fire district is that boat in?