Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

DCVFA Convention Parade this Saturday at 4:00 PM - Carnival this weekend

22 posts in this topic

The New Hackensack Fire Company will be hosting this years Dutchess County Volunteer Fireman's Association Parade as part of their celebration of the 60 anniversary of the Dept. There will be a carnival Friday May 29 from 6-11pm and Saturday May 30 from 1-11pm. The parade kicks off at 4pm on Saturday and will proceed from area side streets near RCK High School down Myers Corners Road to the Fire Station grounds located at the intersection of Myers Corners Rd and All Angels Hill Rd. On Saturday night there will be a fireworks display starting at 10:30 pm. The fireworks will be launched from behind the Fire Station making the carnival grounds a perfect place to view the display. The carnival area features many different rides as well as numerous food and craft vendors. There will be pay one price "POP" for the rides on Saturday from 1-4 pm . The firehouse is located at 217 Myers Corners Road in Wappingers Falls NY 12590. We hope to see you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Photounit

I won't be there but here's to nice weather, a great turnout and a fun time!

Here's a few photo's from last night..... (I was there late)

549371082_isiD9-XL.jpg

One of the rides - I think it's called the "Gravitron"....... Somebody told me that you need to have a lot of Sausage & Pepper sandwiches before you go on this ride....... I know I'd need a Paramedic after I rode this thing...... :blink:

549371068_E22Jg-X2.jpg

Speaking of Paramedics.....These two ladies stopped by to check out what's going on........ They said they love Paramedics......

549371183_JK8RK-X2.jpg

Mr. Happy....... :lol:

Buffman..................just aint right seeing him by anything other than an Alamo rig.........

I am now a Paramedic, for this weekend, lololol. That ride is so bad, lololol. Great shots Bill.

Thomas

I'm gonna try to take my kids if I get done with my FAST course in time. So just so I have it right the entire parade is on Myers Corners Rd.?

Anyone have some good advice for the best way for me to get access coming in off of Rte 376?

The Buffman with the Babes!!!! Looks Like he is enjoying the new uniform. Put on a Transcare uniform and look what happens. :lol:

Edited by celticmedic643

I'm gonna try to take my kids if I get done with my FAST course in time. So just so I have it right the entire parade is on Myers Corners Rd.?

Anyone have some good advice for the best way for me to get access coming in off of Rte 376?

Yes, the entire parade route is on Myers Corners Rd...... The units are lining up on side streets off of Myers Corners Rd I/A/O RCK High School........... As far as the best approach from Rte 376 - I would say just take Rte 376 to Myers Corners Rd and proceed approximately 2 miles to the Fire Station...... I don't have any better advice than that..... I don't think there is any one particular way that it going to be easier...... Hope you can make it!

Here's a few more shots......

549371094_8wrNm-X2.jpg

All Smiles.......

549360608_9W26r-X2.jpg

Some of the "52 Crew"

Today's the parade...... Hope to see you there!

550047478_Df4YT-X2.jpg

Going down......

550047474_KGQyL-X2.jpg

The "Crew from 62" - Stop by and get one of Rombouts delicious Sausage&Pepper Sandwhiches....................

thats alot of hardware in that one photo rob

It was a great parade. Good turnout in all the departments that attended!

DEEP FIRED OREOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY LORD ARE THEY GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have a run down of the winners for the parade

Does anyone have a run down of the winners for the parade

Montrose

Best Overall Out of County

2nd Best Color Guard

Dickerson's Fife & Drum 2nd Best Non Firematic Color Guard

Rombout

Best Overall In County

Most in line

Best Ladder

Best Color Guard

Union Vale

Least Demerits Trophy

Best Engine

Cold Spring & North Highlands Non-Reg trophies

That is about all I remember

Edited by VAEMC

Here's a few photo's from last night..... (I was there late)

549371183_JK8RK-X2.jpg

Mr. Happy....... :lol:

Is that a steering wheel or were you just happy to see them?????

Chelsea - Best Tanker

Hughsonville - Best Rescue

Amenia - 2nd Best non-reg in county

Awesome parade, it was great to take a best overall my first time marching with "Da 'Trose!"