Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Tree and Wires with Tranformer on Occupied Vehicle: Dover 5/31/09

12 posts in this topic

Dover Stations #1 and #2 were dispatched for a tree with wires and transformer on an occupied vehicle with a fire on Maple Lane. Upon arrival Dover Command reported no fire, a power outage in the area and one occupant in the vehicle. NYSEG responded to the scene as well at NDP, DSCO and the NYSP. Once the wires were secured the victim was removed approximately 1 1/2 hours and was an RMA. I had my kodak point and shoot camera on hand and took a few shots.

post-16297-1243968591.jpg

post-16297-1243968605.jpg

post-16297-1243968614.jpg

post-16297-1243968623.jpg

post-16297-1243968632.jpg

As you can see the driver should play the lottery, very very lucky to say the least.

Deputy Chief Dingee, aka JHK3605 deep in thought, I wonder about what???

post-16297-1243968739.jpg

JHK Brother Sartori, aka ATV300:

post-16297-1243968818.jpg

Dover 36-71 on standby at the scene:

post-16297-1243968841.jpg

post-16297-1243968846.jpg

the top of the tree you can make out where it broke off:

post-16297-1243968930.jpg

post-16297-1243968782.jpg

That could of been sooooooooooo much worse! Glad it wasn't.

Wow was that person lucky! Once again Mark great shots. Why did the response from NYSEG take so long? Thank god that that person was not going any faster because it may have been a different ending to the story. Great job Dover.

Wow was that person lucky! Once again Mark great shots. Why did the response from NYSEG take so long? Thank god that that person was not going any faster because it may have been a different ending to the story. Great job Dover.

The pictures are alittle brighter than I would have liked but it was my other camera, they are alittle over exposed.

A rep from NYSEG was actually there fairly quickly, because the driver has not injuried, the rep and FD made a excellent choice to make sure that the wires and transformer were 100% secure before the driver was able to be removed.

wow, that was extremely lucky!

I would have guessed that was a tree, not a branch. Carpenter ants at it again? I'm amazed the owner of the vehicle was smart enough to sit tight, I don't think most drivers have the mental capacity to think wires/electrocution instead it's i'm getting out of here cause I have no patience.

I would have guessed that was a tree, not a branch. Carpenter ants at it again? I'm amazed the owner of the vehicle was smart enough to sit tight, I don't think most drivers have the mental capacity to think wires/electrocution instead it's i'm getting out of here cause I have no patience.

Exactly, I heard the call go out and it is about 1/4 from my house. He was very patient obviously by the time he spent waiting in the vehicle, thank god.

That could of been sooooooooooo much worse! Glad it wasn't.

That is for sure Chief, the recent instances I believe on the Saw Mill that were similar to this expect this one did not have the grave outcome, matter of a split second, 1 MPH, that is all it was from a tragic result.

nice pics Mark

nice pics Mark

What were you thinking about that day?