Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Yorktown Heights Fire New Dive/Water Rescue Unit

15 posts in this topic

Yorktown has put into service a Dive/Water Rescue Unit. Right now is assigned U-84 but they are looking to have it designated Rescue 55. Yorktown's Dive /Water team now covers all the way to the river.

All work was done by members of the YHFD Dive team.

Kudos to Yorktown on yet another economical and innovative aqquisition!

(Photos were NOT taken by me, and are reposted with permission)

post-11-1244554649.jpg

post-11-1244554664.jpg

post-11-1244554729.jpg

Yorktown's Dive /Water team now covers all the way to the river.

Which river? Good luck with U84/ R55 YHFD!

Very nice good luck!! The boat will get trailered or is it on the truck some were?

Just another quick question guys, I dont know if its glare/reflection or not, but are those internal LED light bars inside the windshield?

looks like it, and considering there isnt any on the roof, id have to assume they are

What are the specs?

Looks good.....good luck with it

Where is it housed?

Looks like its housed at station 2 on locksley. Did this replace the f250?or 350? im not sure what size that truck was

Where is it housed?

YHFD Station 2

Very nice rig Is this truck replacing anything or Is it a new addition?

It replaces the dive trailer, which I believe was to be repurposed, possibly as a haz mat response trailer or something similar.

Did this replace the f250?or 350? im not sure what size that truck was

No. Mini-Attack 8 is still in service as a brush truck and tactical support vehicle.

More info on YHFD's Dive team:

http://www.yorktownfire.org/content/dive/

What are the specs?

The truck was a used Snap On truck out of PA. Its a 1990 Chevrolet ( not sure of body). The members of YHFD spent many countless hours gutting the inside and building individual lockers for each member as well as installing extra seats, storage compartments and putting radio's, lights and other electrical items on it. There will be pics of the inside soon. Kudos to the YHFD dive and water rescue team for their hard work and dedication.

Rescue 55 is now in service and available for water rescue and dive calls in the northern Westchester region.

I recently had some time over there to check it out during a standby.. And it is a very well thought out rig. You need to see the inside to get a good feeling of how practical it is. Good luck with it to YHFD dive team..

I recently had some time over there to check it out during a standby.. And it is a very well thought out rig. You need to see the inside to get a good feeling of how practical it is. Good luck with it to YHFD dive team..

Anyone able to get some pictures of the inside for the rest of the members on here?!?

From the outside, it looks like a well planned setup, nice looking vehicle. looking forward to seeing the pics of the interior when posted. Good luck YHFD Water rescue and Dive Team!

Just another quick question guys, I dont know if its glare/reflection or not, but are those internal LED light bars inside the windshield?

it looks like they have 4 whelan slim lighters but not a inside light bar cool idea