Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Cool Non-Fire Service Bronto Skylift

7 posts in this topic

The City Of Austin,TX Streets And Bridges Dept. has taken delivery of this really cool 2009 International Navistar/Bronto Skylift S173XDT.

post-11-1245518136.jpg

post-11-1245518154.jpg

very cool. what is it used for? Light replacement on bridges??

The price tag was pretty high from what I understand, but this vehicle will see everyday use. I believe it will be serve multiple purposes, including bridge repair and inspection, highway sign maintainence, light repair, etc etc....in very difficult to reach locations......

From the Bronto site:

The XDT eXtra Duty Telescopic range has all the features needed from a perfect work platform. It gives more overall reach and added value than any other aerial platform. Bronto+ outreach limitation system, telescopic cage boom, increased working load and more compact design make the work at heights more efficient, more safe and much easier.

At the moment the range covers the working heights from 38 to 78 meters

http://www.bronto.fi/sivu.aspx?taso=1&id=126

Here's another shot:

post-11-1245635683.jpg

Considering what happened in Minnesota, I don't think cities are going to spare any expense for bridge inspection anymore, though in the past its been an often overlooked line item.

This is the vehicle that it's replacing, and it's up for sale if anyone's interested:

post-11-1252614226.jpg

[we have10 bronto's here in sydney australia they have the call sign ladder platform 1,4,8,18,21,24,27,36,50,92.