x134

Dutchess County Fire Exam

50 posts in this topic

got mine 3 days ago...

well?

yeah i got my yesterday

well?

Got a 95! Haha

Lets see what your scores are in probie school ''PROBIE''! YOU BETTER BE AT THE TOP!

i got a 90

Nice.....

i got a 70 epic fail got ranked 235 FML

Defiantly an epic fail.

Ranked #10, got a 95. Already have a physical scheduled.

Ranked #10, got a 95. Already have a physical scheduled.

Good job!!! Hope everything goes well for ya!

Congrats on the 95. I got a 90 and ranked 20. Scheduled for a physical as well.

Edited by frenchie477

Congrats to the guys who did so well on the exam! To those who did not, study for the next one and dont give up. Hopefully i follow my own advice and sign up on time for the next time lol.

Dont know much about Dutchess, but i would assume that its a good sign that some of you are scheduled for physicals already? And is that the agility or just a medical physical? Either way, good job guys and best of luck to all of you!

Thanks! We're signed up for the agility as of now.. hopefully this time I'll get to a medical somewhere :D

Dont know much about Dutchess, but i would assume that its a good sign that some of you are scheduled for physicals already? And is that the agility or just a medical physical? Either way, good job guys and best of luck to all of you!

The agility is not the CPAT, it's called the FPAT, Firefighter Physical Agility Test. It is similar in organization to the CPAT, but a little more time is given. This is to weed out the ones who are serious about wanting the job, and some who aren't physically fit (and trust me, even at a "slow" to moderate pace, one can easily breeze through this course, as I am far from in the best of shape, but still can do well at it).

Those who do not show up for this (and who got a letter to show up) are automatically dropped from the eligible list, and those who fail the test are also dropped from eligibility.

Good luck to all taking the FPAT, start exercising now, cardio is where it's at!!

Got my letter yesterday and I'm #71 on the list... Anyone think that they will get that far for me to have a legitimate shot at getting on? I was scheduled for the FPAT on the 25th Oct but I am shipping to Military active duty on the 21st and I have to postpone it... Will this effect my chances (if any) of getting hired?

If anyone can shed a little light on this for me that would be great!!

Thanks

Edited by LEGENDARYDOM

Got my letter yesterday and I'm #71 on the list... Anyone think that they will get that far for me to have a legitimate shot at getting on? I was scheduled for the FPAT on the 25th Oct but I am shipping to Military active duty on the 21st and I have to postpone it... Will this effect my chances (if any) of getting hired?

If anyone can shed a little light on this for me that would be great!!

Thanks

First -Is where you live. If you don't live in one of the Districts that have career firefighters and are hiring, chances are you wont get a canvass letter no matter how well you've done (excluding Firefighter/Paramedic).

Second - The #71 doesn't really mean anything but the grade does. due to grouping, scores are sent as an eligible candidate, not ranking.

If you contact DC Personnel and give them a reasonable excuse for missing the FPAT, you would probably be eligible to take the test at another time. I believe the military is a reasonable excuse.

If a position did come up and you were called, if you were not able to take it because of the military, you would not be removed.

Edited by DCJPells

Thanks for the help Chief.

Thanks xfirefighter484x and Frenchie477 for the replies. I wish the best to all of you.