Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INIT915

Local Vol. FF Killed Upstate?

18 posts in this topic

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06292009/news/...otor_176709.htm

CATSKILL, N.Y. -- Police say a New York man running to the aid of another motorist fell to his death from a bridge, apparently because he didn't know there was a large gap between lanes.

State police say 44-year-old Kevin Ryan, of Mount Kisco, was traveling on Route 23 in the town of Catskill, 30 miles south of Albany, around 10:45 p.m. Sunday when he noticed a vehicle overturned in the opposite lane.

Some sources are indicating the subject is a volunteer FF locally.

I am a good friend of Kevin's and he will be deeply missed. I can't even put into words right now on how I feel, but it doesn't surprise me to hear he died helping another! He was a member of the Mutual Engine & Hose Co. #1 in Mt. Kisco, NY for many years before taking out his exempt status a few years ago, but he always loved the firehouse and helping out whenever he could.. My prayers go out to his family and friends, rest in peace Kevin!

Chris Ross

this just shows the bravery of firemen even when they aren't on duty. R.I.P

I am a good friend of Kevin's and he will be deeply missed. I can't even put into words right now on how I feel, but it doesn't surprise me to hear he died helping another! He was a member of the Mutual Engine & Hose Co. #1 in Mt. Kisco, NY for many years before taking out his exempt status a few years ago, but he always loved the firehouse and helping out whenever he could.. My prayers go out to his family and friends, rest in peace Kevin!

Chris Ross

IFCO106,

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers for his family and the Mt. Kisco community he served.

This is a sad incident and terrible loss.

Wow, what a shock. I just saw him last week.

R.I.P. Kevin

My condolences to his family both blood and firematic. RIP young man!

Rest easy Brother.....condolences to his family and friends..

Jesus...im shocked

Rest In Peace

I hate to ask but is this going to be considered a LODD?

Edited by bvfdjc316

Rest in Peace Brother, My thoughts and Prayers go out to the MKFD and his Family

Chris Ross

My prayers go out to all who knew him, his family, and friends. Rest in Peace...

IFCO106,

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers for his family and the Mt. Kisco community he served.

This is a sad incident and terrible loss.

Second that. Rest in Peace.

Sad news. Rest in peace, may God look over your family.