Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfmuller

Alamo/Transcare done deal?

15 posts in this topic

August 1st was the reported transition date, has this gone through or fallen apart such as other deals in the bewitching hour before the honeymoon?

Still on from what I have seen/heard. They just pushed the "closing" date back for whatever reason. But we've been seeing Transcare people driving Alamo vehicles, etc. Medic 18 was in Wapp the other night. Apparently Alamo got kicked out of the office in Fishkill so they are posting out of station for now.

The closing hasn't taken place yet. The recent log jam in Albany is most likely the cause. No one doubts it's going to happen. The former Fishkill crews are turning out of the station on Middlebush now. Currently Medic 18 and Medic 21 are there. I haven't seen anyone in a Transcare uniform driving an Alamo rig yet.

Edited by Medic137

The deal is still on, Alamo staff are finishing up paperwork and the usual stuff that needs to get done.

The hold up is not with Transcare or Alamo but with Albany! Also if you don't know what's going on hold your negative responses. Alamo was not "kicked out" of the Fishkill station. It made business sense not to renew the rental contract for the station with the impending change, therefore the decision was made to turn the Alamo crews out of Middlebush where 2 ambulances are currently stationed one inside the bay and one outside. This has also helped the crews get to know each other better.

Also neither staff have been driving each others rigs. Alamo crews man Alamo rigs, Transcare crews man Transcare rigs. Yes you do see Alamo and Transcare crews at hospitals talking and introducing themeselves to each other and trying to build a cohesive team.

I suggest before you believe and post a rumor talk to an Alamo or a Transcare employee to get the facts first.

Be safe

I suggest before you believe and post a rumor talk to an Alamo or a Transcare employee to get the facts first.

Actually, most of the information I've been getting has been from my fellow employees. And they seem to all be going off all the rumors that are floating about. ;) Unfortunately we don't get to hear much on the other side of the county unless we also work Wapp. Nothing malicious or negative was meant or implied.

Also neither staff have been driving each others rigs. Alamo crews man Alamo rigs, Transcare crews man Transcare rigs. Yes you do see Alamo and Transcare crews at hospitals talking and introducing themeselves to each other and trying to build a cohesive team.

Monday night. Route 55 outside Poughkeepsie. Alamo flycar, Transcare Uniform.

And it has been a pleasure to mingle with the crews at Vassar and Saints. I look forward to working with them in the not too distant future. The next several weeks should be interesting.

Edited by WAS967

Along these lines, can any Alamo medics please PM me? We're hearing a few things down in Philly and I'd like to confirm before answering the rumors. Thanks!

Monday night. Route 55 outside Poughkeepsie. Alamo flycar, Transcare Uniform.

Most likely someone hadn't changed uniforms yet or just having some fun. Many of us have Velcro patchitis. I suppose the county dispatchers love it when we (read I) say "County Ala... no, who am I today? ... " :blink:

Oh I used to do that in Westchester ALL the time.

It's official as of 0000hrs this morning, Alamo EMS is now TransCare

Its done. The old alamo contract areas for now are being dispatched with an Alamo tone followed by a TransCare tone right after it. Based on what I've heard, there are 4 medics at the Wappingers substation. Will be cool too see how it all plays out!

Forgive me in advance for slipping and saying "City 911 to Engine 1 and Ala.....Transcare..."

Yesterday evening I began my 12hr 7p-7a shift as an Alamo Medic. I think I may have had the last City call at 23:45 as Alamo Medic 7 with Engine 2. At 00:00 ON 9/19/09 I became a Transcare Medic and was the Transcare Medic 2 in the City of Poughkeepsie. It was bittersweet for me and to say when I removed my baby blue Alamo work shirt and put on my navy blue Transcare work shirt I became emotional and shed a tear. It was quite impressive to stand beside and have Transcare Administration in the building all night with us answering our last minute what if questions and making the transition almost seemless. I look forward to the days ( for me the nights) ahead and forgive me tonight and tomorrow night if I slip and begin my response as Ala......I mean Transcare Medic 2 or Transcare XXX responding to.....

I will always be proud to have worn the Alamo patch first as an EMT and now as the Paramedic. I thank Alamo for giving me the opportunity to do the job I love and enjoy. I thank each and every Vollie agency I had the pleasure of responding to as the Medic and to the paid departments Fairview and City of Poughkeepsie thank you for all your support and assistance on the many calls I had the pleasure to work on as your Medic.

I look forward to working with all of you in the future as your Paramedic!!!

Thank you all and please be safe out there.

:rolleyes: Lisa D.... aka "Black Funnel Cloud Medic"

Best of luck to my friends that were at Alamo. May whatever path you choose next bring the best for you all.

Good luck to all. It was a pleasure working Alamo many moons ago.