Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Scarborough Firehouse (Braircliff FD) Complete

28 posts in this topic

Drove by the Quarters of Scarborough Engine Company / Briarcliff Manor Fire Department Engine 92 to see that it has been demolished.

Click site for Demolition Photo - Future Construction ! Several photos on site .

http://www.engine92.com/

Is there any description or line drawing of the building that is going to replace 92's old quarters?

yes demolition has begun. We are now being housed at the Archville firehouse for the duration of the construction. i have attached a digital picture of what the new firehouse is suppose to look like. It looks like the firehouse will be done in early spring. We are trying to keep our website updated on new pics form construction etc. and will be making a time lapsed video of a photo form the same spot everyday of construction. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

gif.gif

post-2505-1249530396.jpg

Edited by WstPrideEng92

is there going to be a second apparatus housed there

not as of now its more for down the road. But when completed our utility will be kept in that bay. i will try to find a pic of the layout of the place. but it will basically have the 2 bays 2 unisex baths 1 with a shower, 1 officers office, 1 radio/watch room, large lounge area and kitchen, utility room in the rear, and a work area off in the bay.

Question - Why is this the newest firehouse in Briarlciff getting rebuilt isn't the main house th eone is such a state of disrepair? Just wondering.

Good question by xchief2x.....I also have another.....how far is this firehouse from the Archville firehouse?

Seth

I think the distance between the 2 houses is maybe a mile

the distance between scarborough firehouse and archville firehouse is about a mile. i have been told by senior members that originally Scarborough Engine Company was given roughly $100k to buy a truck and build a firehouse back in the 70's. Needless to say the firehouse was very bare. pretty much a bay a and a meeting room with no insulation what so ever. winters were brutal inside. Overtime a kitchen was donated. But we have grown out of our firehouse. hopefully a senior member will chime in and correct me if i am wrong.

Why can't Archville and Briarcliff share a firehouse?

I'm not going to even delve into the whole consolidation thing, but the sharing of the facility would save money.

Why can't Archville and Briarcliff share a firehouse?

I'm not going to even delve into the whole consolidation thing, but the sharing of the facility would save money.

The information regarding the original construction of the Scarborough Fire House is correct. We had $100K with which to purchase a new truck and build a new house. The truck was a CF Mack and the first automatic transmission truck in Briarcliff. The firehouse was a shell only and we essentially did the fit out ourselves. It was cold in the winter and hot in the summer due to the lack of insulation, but we managed. It served well for 35 years, I think the Village got its moneys worth.

The new firehouse is a nice replacement although I would have liked to have seen the Bays a little longer to accommodate a future Ladder and a room that could be used as a dormitory if, or eventually, when necessary.

We do not share a firehouse with Archville anymore because we split in the early 70's over political/fire district issues. All the founding members of Scarborough Engine Company were previously associated with Archville and I believe that we continue to have a strong kinship. There was always a Scarborough man or two manning the hand pumper in Kensico and there is not much that can compare to the Ground Hog Day celebrations of the 70's, before and after we split.

While the "Main" firehouse has issues of its own, it also houses the Police, Village and Courts offices. Renovation of that building is a little more complicated.

Its official we are open for business. After a year of responding from Archvilles firehouse we are finally back in our own quarters. We will be having a ribbon cutting ceremony and an open house type of party in coming weeks. I will keep everyone posted on the date. I also want to thank Archville for giving us a home for the year. We unofficially name it Scarchville during our time there. haha See you guys on RT.9 soon.

IMG_0224.jpg

Its official we are open for business. After a year of responding from Archvilles firehouse we are finally back in our own quarters. We will be having a ribbon cutting ceremony and an open house type of party in coming weeks. I will keep everyone posted on the date. I also want to thank Archville for giving us a home for the year. We unofficially name it Scarchville during our time there. haha See you guys on RT.9 soon.

IMG_0224.jpg

Where the hell is Archville,Is it south of Albany?

Good luck with the new house, I hope it serves you for many years

Long overdue!

Best wishes to Scarborough Engine Company in their new quarters!

Looks awesome! Is an ambulance going to be housed there as well?

Also, any plans to dedicate it to Ron Jankowski?

Where the hell is Archville,Is it south of Albany?

Archville is one town up from Sleepy hollow

That was a old joke, you ask a member "where the hell is Archville" and they whould say "it's south of Albany "

Looks awesome! Is an ambulance going to be housed there as well?

Also, any plans to dedicate it to Ron Jankowski?

As of now Utility 62 is in the spare bay. I am not sure if an ambulance will ever end up in it though. As for Ron we did talk about dedicating it to him but will probably dedicate a certain room such as the Officers office or our meeting room. This is what we did for David Crowley. We dedicated the apparatus room to him. But still nothing is 100%. For now we are just trying to move in and get organized.

The new house looks great. Can't wait for the next time I'm up there to check it out

Correction. It is one fire district north of Sleepy Hollow. :P

Don't blink or you may drive right through it without even knowing!

What was the cost on the building? do you know how many Sq feet it is? We are looking at something for our local EMS unit.

That was a old joke, you ask a member "where the hell is Archville" and they whould say "it's south of Albany "

I though the answer was "You know where Albany is??" and when the person said yes. you replied "No where's near there!"

:P

One more photo of the firehouse taken yesterday.

post-23-082655000 1283309278.jpg