Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
citystation1848

Wappingers - Serious Multi-Car MVC - 8-8-09

49 posts in this topic

This new PoJo news article states there is no indication: http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article...NEWS05/90810005.

Police issued Ronca tickets for failure to keep right, driving in the wrong direction, failure to use a designated travel lane and failure to obey a traffic-control device.

All those charges make sense except the "failure to obey a traffic-control device." as there is no traffic light along that stretch. Any insight to this charge? Do signs count as a traffic-control device?

All those charges make sense except the "failure to obey a traffic-control device." as there is no traffic light along that stretch. Any insight to this charge? Do signs count as a traffic-control device?

Yes. Traffic Control Device is a very generic term, that can be articulated to mean almost anything.

§ 153. Traffic control devices. All signs, signals, markings, and

devices not inconsistent with this chapter placed or erected by

authority of a public body or official having jurisdiction for the

purpose of regulating, warning or guiding traffic.

center median.. Traffic control device maybe?? not sure but that would be my best guess....

Where did you get the information "no serious injuries" & "everyone was discharged?"

Every department on the scene worked as ONE. Every apparatus on the scene was utilized. The chief ran the incident just as good as anyone else would.

This is another incident that I can say if you were not there and did not experience what happened for yourself, don't second guess how it was handled.

jet i agree if you werent on the scene and dont know what took place out there then really you dont know you cant go by just what you here on a scanner or what you read and are told 3 cars one car pop the door car 2 b post blow out and dash rase car 3 door pop and dash roll pluse other stuff just cuse the roof was not off does not mean a dam thing you dont need to take a roof off all the time how about you tell me how not serious it was but you werent there so how would you know how about someone else said ask the i.c

center median.. Traffic control device maybe?? not sure but that would be my best guess....

Yes that would be it.

Great pics, who is the old guy in shorts & sneakers wearing gloves?

lmao a member of the big yellow fire truck......

jet i agree if you werent on the scene and dont know what took place out there then really you dont know you cant go by just what you here on a scanner or what you read and are told 3 cars one car pop the door car 2 b post blow out and dash rase car 3 door pop and dash roll pluse other stuff just cuse the roof was not off does not mean a dam thing you dont need to take a roof off all the time how about you tell me how not serious it was but you werent there so how would you know how about someone else said ask the i.c

Lets face it. It was not that serious of a accident. Worst injury was a concusion. Nobody stayed over night in the hospital and there was not heavy entrapment.

Edited by SmokeAndFlames

Jim/Jet as always awesome pic's.

It was a very good job between the multiple agencies. Quick Extrication time.

:D

lmao a member of the big yellow fire truck......

he is a past chief of nhfd

Yes that would be it.

I don't know if it would be the "center median" as in the pavement itself but it is definitely the keep right sign at the end of the median and painted lines/markings on the road. If there were "do not enter" or "wrong way" signs they would apply too.

Yes that would be it.

I don't know if it would be the "center median" as in the pavement itself but it is definitely the keep right sign at the end of the median and painted lines/markings on the road. If there were "do not enter" or "wrong way" signs they would apply too.

was WAPPINGERS 68-55 out of service?

I dont believe so, but it isnt thier area and Hughsonville was covering New Hackensack and was half way to the first call and just changed direction when dispatched.

Thomas

No Y?

Dude, repeat after me! Commas, periods and spellcheck. Commas, periods and spellcheck.

Dude, repeat after me! Commas, periods and spellcheck. Commas, periods and spellcheck.

I agree, I am usually pretty tolerant but that was just painful to read. I am nowhere near perfect when it comes to sentence structure or spelling but at least make an attempt, please!

No 68-55 was not out of service...the north bound side of Rt 9 is covered by New Hamburg from the bridge to the arlington line. New Hackensack covers from Eckerds to the bridge. Wappingers covers on the south side from the bridge the area of pizza hut and from the Foam and wash to the light at New Hackensack Rd.

Hughsonvill was covering for NKFD since they were on a special event. that why 45-55 was called and not Wappingers

Once again a Post for Learning and sharing information turns into a pissing contest.. I think we have discovered that what might be serious to some may not be serious to others..

Needless to say serious or not serious Good Job by ALL...

and Jimmy Tompkins with the Good Pics :P

Just to let everyone know BIGFIRE 1 is a complete idiot and he doesnt know how to read, write, and spell. lol