Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Ford Edge Police Package

9 posts in this topic

I think the AWD Edge would make a great Detective car for undercover operations and the price tag isnt bad.

Not bad looking I agree with TL2L31, but when they say "police package" do they mean it has the beefed up suspension along with all the heavy duty parts like Belts, Hoses, ect...are they calling it police package cause they are adding lights and a siren?

I think it would make a nice fly car for a rescue squad

I think it would make a nice fly car for a rescue squad

True, but I think this will be for another thread... The use of fly-cars has a more limited application then it used to. When agencies are having a hard time getting out the door with the ambulance, a fly-car is a waste of money. It is far more practical to put the personnel you have in a vehicle that can do the transport than put another vehicle on the scene to listen to multiple tones for an ambulance response.

But, as I said, I'll start this discussion in another thread.

Not bad looking I agree with TL2L31, but when they say "police package" do they mean it has the beefed up suspension along with all the heavy duty parts like Belts, Hoses, ect...are they calling it police package cause they are adding lights and a siren?

Although it's not the Crown Vic, Dodge Charger, or Chevrolet Impala (does Chevy still offer the Impala police package?), many agencies use vehicles that aren't police package. I see you point, and agree it's not under the hood a police package, but may be suited well for some uses. From what I hear, Fod is watching to see how this does and possibly release a police package version.

Although it's not the Crown Vic, Dodge Charger, or Chevrolet Impala (does Chevy still offer the Impala police package?), many agencies use vehicles that aren't police package. I see you point, and agree it's not under the hood a police package, but may be suited well for some uses. From what I hear, Fod is watching to see how this does and possibly release a police package version.

GM still offers the Impala:

http://www.gmfleet.com/pdf/2010_Impala_Police.pdf

Rumor has it the Camaro is coming as well.

I would be curious as to whether doing such an upfit on a vehicle for which it was not intended would void the manufacturer's warranty. Maybe Warnock is agreeing to honor any warranty claims that Ford won't.

Interesting package. I wonder what will happen with the Crown Vic....Hopefully they'll drop the Mustang's V8 into the Taurus and make that a Police Package. We'll see.

-Joe DA BUFF